Saturday, October 30, 2010

Happy Halloween

Since Halloween is on Sunday this year, the Primary Presidency put on a Halloween party for the primary and nursery kids!  It was a lot of fun!

Emry dressed up as Tinkerbell, we found the costume at Costco months ago and that day she decided she wanted to be Tinkerbell!  The next time we went back to Costco she wanted to be Sleeping Beauty!  However, she looked adorable in the little green outfit, the colour really seemed to suit her!

I found a Tiger costume for Calum at Old Navy, I was really impressed with the price of the costumes and for the quality of them as well!  When we put Calum's costume on him the other day he stomped around the house roaring at Emry, trying to scare her!  


















I decided to dress up a little too!  I have an orange shirt, it is a little tight on my bulging tummy, so I cut out a pumpkin face and loosely sewed it onto the tummy part of my shirt!  It was perfect, it actually looked like I had a pumpkin stuffed under my shirt!  Everyone at the party thought it looked brilliant!  Calum of course was terrified!  For some reason he really doesn't like the faces carved on pumpkins!  He wouldn't let me hold him while I had the shirt on, he would keep pushing his feet against my tummy trying desperately to get away!


The party was fun and at the end all the kids went around to the different classrooms at the church that people were assigned to decorate and pass candy out, for only trick or treating around the church they sure brought home quite the loot!  On the treat bags I passed out I put a little Halloween joke on each of them, some I thought were cute I will jot down here...Why was the skeleton afraid to cross the road?...Because he didn't have any guts!...What is a vampire's favourite flavour of ice cream?...Vein-illa!...What kind of car does a ghost drive?...A Boo-ick!...What do you give a vampire with a bad cold?...Coffin-drops!...What can't skeleton's play music in church?...Because they have no organs!...What wasn't Dracula invited to the party?...Because he is a pain in the neck!...Happy Halloween :)

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a fun party! The kids look so cute in their costumes - I loved yours too. We had a primary party this morning as well and we're off to the trunk or treat tonight. I'm kind of getting halloweened out.

    ReplyDelete