Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Where Has the Time Gone?


Today is our little girls 7th birthday!  I can remember the day she was born like it was yesterday!  We were at Lalainia and Jason's in Calgary for Ashton's baby blessing!  I woke up that morning feeling like I had to go to the bathroom really bad, but really didn't go at all!  While we were in Sacrament Meeting for Ashton's blessing I felt so hot, and light headed.  Jared and I decided to go back to Lalainia and Jason's apartment instead of going to the rest of church.  It was decided on the drive to their apartment that I was probably in labor, so we called the Vulcan hospital to see if we should come right in.  The nurses told us just to stop in on our way home later in the evening and they would hook me up to the monitor, since I wasn't due for another 3-4 weeks.  We stayed to have dinner with everyone and then made our way to Vulcan around 3 that afternoon.  Well, minor contractions started on the drive down and became more frequent the closer we got to Vulcan.  Once at the hospital, I was hooked up to the monitor and the doctor was called in to see what should be done.  Since we determined that my water had actually broke in the morning when I thought I just really had to pee, the doctor thought it would be best to induce me to get the contractions going.  By 4:30 the next morning I had a beautiful, very tiny, baby girl!  It was so nice having her in Vulcan, and having my very best friend by my side!  Jared has said that he felt a little helpless, but then so did I, I think that is the typical feeling of all first time parents!  We really liked the name Emry if we had a girl, but we weren't sure about a middle name!  When Jared was holding her just as the sun was coming up that morning, he looked at her and called her Emry Dawn.  We both loved it and found it very fitting.  When Mom and Dad Puzey came in later, the first thing David said was, "I think Emry Dawn sounds really nice together..."  I have always loved how in sync Jared and his Dad are!  She truly is our little angel, I am so thankful for the little girl we have, for her super sweet personality, her kindness towards others, her sensitivity to others feelings, the way she helps Calum, the way she plays with him and the teacher and example she is to him.  Sometimes it seems like he listens to her much better than he listens to us, he really loves his big sister!  He has at times asked for Emry to put him to bed at night!  I also love how much she helps me out.  She is always willing to take Armin if I need her to, she will change his diapers (even poopy ones!), and she will get him dressed or put his jammies on!  She is also a big help to her daddy.  When they go check cows together she will jump out of the truck or Jeep to open and then close the gate for Jared, she will bring him the tagging box when they have a new calf to tag, she goes to the dump to help unload the truck and she has even tried her hand at painting the walls in our house with Jared and has done a good job!  I look forward to the day when her and I can share clothes, when she will come to me for advice about boys, or when she needs her mother's shoulder to cry on!  I say I look forward to that day but I do hope it takes its time to get here!  She has already grown up too fast, but she will always be our little girl no matter how old she is!

We decided to celebrate her birthday last night for Family Home Evening since Jared has Young Men's tonight, we thought it would be too rushed if we tried to have her favourite supper before Jared went in to Young Men's.  Emry requested steak for her birthday meal, like most girls she has expensive taste.  When I was at the store getting the steak, I noticed they had corn on the cob, Emry's other favourite food!  When she saw the corn on the cob, she was so excited!





I decided to make the raspberry chocolate cupcakes with cream cheese frosting, only to make them more personal for Emry I garnished them with candy butterflies.




Since it was also the first day for Jared at his new job, I made him a tractor cake because he is now working at John Deere!



They were both happy to see their cakes, I think ecstatic best describes Calum's reaction to Jared's cake!  I had put the cakes in the back entry closet and closed the door so Jared wouldn't see it, but as soon as Jared got home Calum took him to the back to show him "Daddy's trator!"

Emry's face looks this way because she was nervous of the sparkler on Jared's cake!

We had set up a little treasure hunt for Emry which she had a ton of fun doing.  She then opened her present, a lego set for girls!  She opened all the little packages right then and had Jared down on the ground helping her build!




She truly is a terrific little girl and I am so thankful she is in our lives!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like it was a great birthday! Give Emry our love and birthday wishes - looking forward to seeing all of you on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete