Friday, April 29, 2011

Birthday Chaos!

This afternoon Emry had her seventh birthday party (May 3rd is her actual birthday!).  She was allowed to invite 7 of her friends from school, although she also invited her cousins (all the cousins who live close by) so that makes 14 kids here, chaos barely scratches the surface when describing the antics that took place!  The kids were only here for 2 hours, and I think they all had a good time.  First they decorated a picture frame, and I took a picture of Emry with each of her guests so they had something to put in their frame, I took a group picture for Emry to put in her frame.








They played pass the package, where they had to unwrap a box of smarties with oven mitts on their hands, it took some time, but finally they got it open, the next round went much quicker when they could take the oven mitts off.  Next we sang happy birthday to Emry and had cupcakes, and wow did they ever have cupcakes!  They ate all 42 big ones plus that same amount in small ones!!




After cake they played another game, pin the flower on the stem (a big thanks to my mom for bringing that game out and putting it together!).  While the kids did this I printed off their pictures, and when they were finished their game we had just enough time to put the pictures in the frames and say good bye before their parents came!


The kids were fun, a little energetic, but what seven and eight old isn't energetic!  I really enjoyed making Emry's cupcakes (another big thank you, this one to my other mom, Myrna, for making her delicious butter icing!  Mine never turns out as nice as hers), to go with a spring theme I decorated the cupcakes as ladybugs and flowers!  Despite the snowy weather outside they did put a little spring in our step!!



Most of the ladybugs had spots, I ran out of black icing and only remembered to take a picture when there were only a few cupcakes left!

Tuesday we will celebrate her real birthday, she loves butterflies, so I think I may attempt to make her a butterfly cake!  Or maybe a lego cake to go along with the present Jared and I got her!  Stay tuned to see what the final decision turns out to be :)

No comments:

Post a Comment