Monday, June 6, 2011

A Boy After My Own Heart

At six months old I started Armin on solid food!  We started with the standard cereal, which he loves and was more than ready for!  Just over a week later we tried avocado, he absolutely devours this!  I love avocados too, so he truly is a boy after my own heart!






When we had Emry and we lived in Carmangay we only had access to three channels on the t.v., and at night when I would nurse her I would watch the infomercials.  I would come to bed after feeding Emry, in the very early hours of the morning and tell Jared about what I saw on t.v. and plead my case about how badly we needed it!  I am an absolute sucker for infomercials, I would always joke to Jared that if I had my credit card and the phone right beside me while I was watching we would be poor!  Well, since we have moved to the farm we have had the priviledge of having three hundred channels!  I find I only watch the home and garden channel while I am nursing, and instead of having a half hour long commercial selling something, there is now only a ninety second long commercial, still enough time to sell the product to me!!  From the time Armin was born I would sit and nurse him watching HGTV, and every night a commercial for the Baby Bullet would come on, and every time it did I wanted it that much more!  I finally gave in to commercial buying, and I love it!  So far I have only used it for the avocado, but I think it will be put to great use, and when Armin no longer needs it I am going to try to blend other stuff with it since it also came with a big blender!

After he was all finished eating I left him in his chair while Myrna and I cleaned up after supper.  To keep him entertained I gave him Calum's little airplane to play with.  At one point when Myrna and I looked over he was waving his little hand around like he was flying the plane, he was also making sounds like an airplane!  It was just coincidence but it was so cute!


No comments:

Post a Comment