Sunday, June 19, 2011

A Fabulous Father's Day

Jared and his boys!

Today was a great day, I love that Father's Day always is on a Sunday because Jared can actually be pampered and take a day OFF!  He did however have to go to his early morning meeting before church and he had to stay a little later after church for an ordination, Emry was so upset about both of these events, she kept saying, "But it's Father's Day!!"  When Jared came home from church, only 10 minutes after us, we had his favourite dinner, Chicken Cordon Blue, and for dessert the kids and I brought home an ice cream cake from the Marble Slab, as close to his favourite as we could get, Raspberry Cheesecake!  His favourite ice cream there is sweet cream with raspberries, needless to say the raspberry cheesecake was soooo good!



The kids gave Jared one of his favourite things, a hoodie, a John Deere hoodie!

Jared with his three favourite people!

Emry also made Jared a 3D sheep picture at school, it is really cute and truly I think Jared liked this the best!


Opening Emry's present!


Oh, Calum made Jared something at Nursery today, it is a piece of dough with colourful rocks pushed into it and on it it says, Dad Rocks!  The only problem is that Calum keeps eating pieces of the dough!  It is the type of dough that really hardens as it dries!  It has been a great day, and I think to top it all off Jared is having a really good, and very much needed sunday afternoon nap!  Happy Father's Day to the very best dad ever!

Emry with her Granda Glen when she was 2 1/2 years old!

I also want to say how much I appreciate my dad!  He is not only a father but a true friend!  I love the relationship I have with my dad, and even more I love the relationship he has with our children!  When I told Calum that Grandpa Glen was coming to see him the other day he said, "Gammpa Geln, oh yaaay!" and he would put his little hands up to his mouth and jump up and down!  I admire the time my dad takes to play with Calum!  Calum has this obsession with pretending he is Buzz Lightyear, he will run around the house and put out his left arm and with his right hand he will push his laser button and pretend to shoot people, he even makes the sound, "pewwpeww!"  One time with his Gammpa Geln, he did this for quite awhile, and when the noise level got too high my dad got down on the floor and played cars with Calum!  Since my dad is a truck driver they got out all the little semi's and trailers and had a blast driving them all around!  I am thankful for the love that my dad has for me and for all that he does for us, whether it is the much needed phone calls, the times we can meet for dinner, and most importantly the very much desired Hershey's chocolate syrup from the States, he has to keep Jared and now Calum with an ongoing supply!  Whatever it may be I am so thankful for the wonderful dad I have!

Emry and Gilbert spraying Grandpa with water guns HE gave them!
The after effects of the water fight!


Grandpa and his gang of Little Rascals!

No comments:

Post a Comment