Friday, June 10, 2011

A Green Thumb!

Just this year a friend from the Champion area started up a greenhouse.  When I heard this I first assumed that she was just bringing in pre-potted flowers and selling them, but she actually set up a green house.  It is on the highway on the way to Little Bow Park and it is beautiful, it is called Long Coulee Growers!  She has an amazing selection and very reasonably priced!  I finally went out there this past Wednesday to get a few flowers to spruce up the farm!  I am not much of a gardener but I love doing it, and I hope one day I can devote more time and effort to gardening.  Anyway, after supper that night things just seemed to work out perfectly!  Armin actually went to sleep for his evening nap at 6:30, the kids sat good and ate a remarkable amount of supper, and I was able to get the dishes done and left overs put away in record time, the only thing that wasn't in our favour, Jared was still out working on a service call (he actually didn't get home until 10 that night!)  I decided since the weather was quite mild, and the kids were behaving exceptionally well we would go out and plant the flowers I picked up!  I found Emry her own shovel and told her what to do, she went at it like a real pro!  She did an entire pot all by herself, and it looks beautiful!



Calum too had a blast, much to my dismay!  At one point in the evening he took off his gum boots and trudged all around the farm, oh he also had no socks on!  When we were all finished planting Emry put the leash on Gibson and started walking him around (he does so good with Emry, she leash trained Martin when she was 4!), Calum decided this looked like fun so he wanted to try.  There of course was a fight over who was going to walk Gibson and by this time I had had enough of the bickering so I raised my voice quite loudly at Emry and told her I was really angry!  Jared may tell you a different story...Just before all this bickering started Emry had called Jared to see where he was, she forgot to hang up the phone after their conversation, he listened for about 10 minutes!  All I can say is I am thankful we live on a farm, where no one can hear our banter!



The bottom of Calum's feet were absolutely black!  Guess where he went as soon as we got in the house...Yup!  The shower!


Emry took the pictures of Calum and Gibson, she is also quite the little photographer!  All in all it was a really fun evening, it would have been even more perfect if Jared could have been there with us too!  I love my children so much and I am so thankful for their active spirits, they have fun together and always make me smile!

No comments:

Post a Comment