Thursday, June 23, 2011

A Rare Opportunity!

The flowers in my Grandma's yard...So beautiful!

Last Saturday my sister and I took the kids to Coaldale for their cousin Maryssa's birthday party!  Her party was at my Grandma and Grandpa Scheibner's!  I have lots of great memories spending time at "Grandma Next Door's"!  Until I was seven we lived in the house right next to my mom's mom and dad, hence the name grandma next door!  It is funny the names kids develop for people, my older sister's kids call my mom "Grandma Big House", and my grandma next door, they call "Grandma Red House"!

Legacy, Kenzy, Armin. Lily and Emry
Following in his Daddy's footsteps!

When this Jeep wouldn't work Calum instantly lifted the hood and started to fiddle with things to try and get it to go!  It's so amazing what they pick up on at such a young age!

My "little" sister Arren and her youngest, Lily!

Rayna Lynn and Armin
Kourtney, Maryssa (in hat), Legacy, Kenzy, Armin, Rayna, Calum, Emry, Lily, Gilbert and Owen.  All the Great Grankids!
Rayna, Lily and Emry with Rayna's puppy Molly!
The birthday girl, Maryssa and her puppy Rupert!
Anyway this past saturday was a rare opportunity because all of my Grandma and Grandpa's great-grandchildren were at Maryssa's party!  It was fun to catch up with everyone and especially to see Grandma and Grandpa, they seemed to get quite a kick out of Calum and the amount of energy he possesses!  Kids grow too fast and always seem to head off in many different directions so when everyone can be together take advantage of it!  It was a great day and lots of fun, I even got to have a great visit with my "little" sister on the way down to Coaldale and on the way home, another rare opportunity even though we only live 8 miles from each other!

It is funny how literal kids take our instructions, we kept telling Calum to look up, meaning to look at the camera, but we didn't say look at the camera!  He did do exactly what we kept asking!

No comments:

Post a Comment