Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Happy "Valentime's" Day

I love how both Emry and Gilbert say "Valentime's" it is so cute and so innocent!  Jared and I had such a wonderful Valentine's Day, we usually don't go out because our Anniversary is only two days after. 

Jared has always in the past brought home flowers for me and even one for Emry, since we are not home this year we had to make sure Emry got a flower somehow on Valentine's Day.  The school always sells flowers a few weeks before hand and then they are delivered on Valentine's Day.  When I saw this I knew we had to get one for her.  They cost $2 and there is even a little card that goes with it to say who it is from, it is a fundraiser for the Junior High.  She was so excited to get a flower and when she got home from school it was the first thing she showed Grandma.  She was a little sad last night when she went to bed but Grandma was able to make it all okay and she quickly fell aspleep.  I am so grateful for Myrna and for the love she gives our children, I know they are being well taken care of.

Back to our wonderful Valentine's Day!  We spent most of the day relaxing, we then got ready and went into Invermere to do a little looking around.  We had a dinner reservation at a little restaurant 10 minutes from our little place in Fairmont, it is called The Hoodoo Grill and it is located at the base of the hoodoo's, hence the name!!  We had seen in a flyer that Tuesday's they have all you can eat crab, and it so happened that Tuesday was also Valentine's Day!  Jared ordered the all you can eat crab, and had seven rounds!!  I had the most delicious chicken, it was called Brisine Stuffed Chicken with Mango Rissotto.  I have no idea what rissotto is or brisine for that matter, and when it came, I was extremely thankful it was so dark in the restaurant because all it looked like was a pile of goo.  I was a little aprehensive to taste it, but I was bold and it turned out to be amazing!  I finished my meal by the time Jared finished his second round of crab.  So I got to sit and watch him wrestle with getting the meat out of his crab, it was quite amusing!  At least the amount of effort it took for him to eat his meal warmed him up, because the restaurant was so cold.  It was a lot of fun, and since my meal had settled well before he was done, Jared made me get dessert!  And really, he didn't MAKE me get dessert, who could pass it up!!  I ordered the Manhattan style cheesecake with a strawberry apple sauce.  It was really yummy, and I think I only had about three bites before Jared demolished it!  I jokingly told him that he had more than half, and he teased me back saying that just because I only had 3 bites and almost devoued it, he most certainly did only have half!  After our dinner we went for a soak in the rec centre hot tub, and it was lovely!  Only the combination of a full tummy and the heat made for one tired girl!  Who thought that doing nothing could make one so tired! 

Tomorrow is our 10th Anniversay, it has been such a wonderful week with my very best friend.  I am so grateful for Jared and for all he does for me.  He is so supportive, so caring and extremely loving.  I am thankful for the father he is to our three wonderful children and for the time he spends with each of them.  I love how as soon as he gets home from work both Calum and Emry are all over him, and Armin just says, "Hi Da!" And I love how Emry is often out helping her Dad with the daily chores.  These last 10 years have flown by and I know the next 10 will go just as quickly!  I am thankful for every moment and I cherish the time we have together.

2 comments:

  1. I actually thought it was Valentimes till just a few years ago. Brilliant aren't I. (I also thought Noah put whales in the ark:) Sounds like the vacations is going awesome. Happy Anniversary tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you guys are having such a great time. I can't even tell you how jealous I am however. Have a wonderful Anniversary tomorrow. Love you both!

    ReplyDelete