Saturday, February 18, 2012

Home Again, Home Again! Jig-atty-Jig!

Well, Jared and I made it home safe and sound to three very excited little kids!  Both Emry and Calum threw themselves at us for humungous hugs, and Armin cuddled into me so sweetly and for at least 5 minutes!  Our wonderful vacation started with the school ski trip to Castle Mountain.  Jared and Emry had so much fun on the hill together.  Emry was a little whinny, but we think that was mostly because she knew mom and dad would be leaving from the ski hill to go on a little holiday.  She did so well, a little more timid than usual but her confidence will keep growing the more she goes!





Our holiday was marvellous, so relaxing, and rejuvenating!  I honestly felt like a new woman when we got home!  Although a few hours of chasing kids and doing the normal day to day stuff has certainly brought the crusty's back to my eyes!

Jared and I didn't do a whole lot, we ate good, shopped a little, hiked to the hot springs one day, made cards (I did) and played Grand Turismo (he did).  The first couple of days were a little strange not hearing the antics of our kids in the background to all we did, but we quickly got used to the quiet and revelled in it!  The hike up to the hot springs was quite the adventure, something Jared and I seem to be good at!  We happened to take the long way around the resort to the trail, but we didn't ever actually find the real trail, we found one that cut through the trees and went up a lot steeper.  We did take the real trail back to the villa, and it was a lot easier, and not too hard on Jared's knee because it wasn't steep at all.  The hot springs were a welcome relief after our "hike" up to them!

The BBQ master! 
Our super yummy steak dinner, with a new found favourite gourmet root beer, "Hank's Root Beer!"



This was the view out the patio door of our villa!
The start of our hike, I had my toque on!

By the top I was bright red and sweaty!  I desperately need to get into shape! 


The views were spectacular!
Taking the right trail back down, and there was even a pretty waterfall!
We ate at a local grill on Valentine's day and Jared had all you can eat crab, he had seven rounds and thoroughly enjoyed it, once he was able to get the meat out that is!  I was able to have a massage at Panorama while Jared skiied, we decided that this would be our anniversary presents to each other.  And the massage was amazing, something I will have to continue!





The end of the week brought bittersweet feelings for both of us!  The holiday was much needed but being without our precious little ones was harder than we both thought it would be!  Coming home to the love and excitement from each of them was so sweet.  I knew how much Jared missed them when he took both Emry and Calum to Vulcan to put the pulley's on our van!  It probably took him twice as long to do with them there but they came home with huge smiles on their dirty faces because they got to play and explore at daddy's work!  Actually, he didn't just take them to Vulcan he also took both of them out to help him feed cows this morning!  I think it had a lot to do with the fact that Calum called daddy his favourite!  It melted Jared's heart!

1 comment:

  1. I like Jared's hat on your hike! I have heard that Hank's is alot like Henry's??

    ReplyDelete