Thursday, March 22, 2012

Another Year Older and Wiser Too!

With each birthday I find I reflect on what the past year brought and look forward with excitement to what the future will bring!  There are many things I am thankful for...(I did copy and paste this from last year with a few edits and I also added one more thing!)

1. Jared, my very best friend, I am so thankful for him!  He is so patient with me and such a wonderful father to our three beautiful children.  Whenever the front door opens, they always light up in hopes that it is daddy!  Armin especially, he says "Hi Dad!" so clearly, it melts my heart every time!




2. Emry, Calum and Armin...even if at times they exasperate me I truly love each of their very unique personalities.  They all have such beautiful spirits...Emry is so helpful and always concerned about our feelings, she loves her brothers so much too, I love watching her help them with things!  Calum is so polite and always says, "Tank you Mama" without being prompted!  Lately he has been coming up to me at random times and throws his arms around my legs and says, "I Yike you mama!"  And Armin is so pleasant, as soon as I look at him his face lights up with the most adorable smile!  He does have a little mischievous look now and then, but usually his face looks like a little angel.




3. Family!  All my family!  I am so thankful I live so close to both my mom's, and my sister!  I have had to call on each one of them to help me out with the kids while I went to appointments and for that I am forever indebted to them!  I love the relationship Arren and I share, without her so close I think I would go crazy, and I love how close the kids are too.  Emry and Gilbert have really developed a close bond this past year and Lily and Calum play so good together, it is quite peaceful getting together now!



Gilbert and Emry four years ago!




4. The Gospel!  I am so thankful I was baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints!  It has been such a wonderful blessing in my life.  And even though there have been ups and downs over the years, the gospel has always remained constant in my life!  There are many areas I need to improve on but without this wonderful gospel in my life change would be a lot harder!  I am thankful for my Heavenly Father and His son Jesus Christ.  I am thankful for the plan of salvation and the opportunity I have each and every day to better myself.  I am thankful for the gift of the Holy Ghost and for the guidance it gives me when I am doing what is right in my life.  


5. Friends who have done so much for me, and who have offered help in many ways.  Friends who I know I can call on if ever I am in need!  I am thankful for the time I get to spend with friends twice a week at Zumba!  It gets me out doing something and I get to actually have fun exercising! 

6. Jared's brother and sisters!  I feel like each one is my own.  It has been so neat to see Dave and Jared work together on the farm, getting things ready with the cows and talking about different strategies!



7. My health!  Although I need to lose about 50 pounds, I am thankful I have the knowledge I need to achieve healthy goals...if only I would actually implement them into my life!!  I am thankful I get to teach yoga and for the teacher training course I was able to take.

8. I am thankful for the health of my children, yes we get the odd cold and flu but for the most part they are all healthy and very active!


9. Emry has the opportunity to go to school and learn things that I would not be able to teach her without a lot of tears due to my lack of patience!  I also love listening to her read, especially to her brothers.  
I am thankful this is the year Emry gets to be baptized.  The joy it will bring her will truly be path of peace and comfort in her life.


10. Living on the farm!  These past four years of living in Jared's childhood home have been truly wonderful.  I couldn't ask for better in-laws, never have I felt like this wasn't home!


11. Our new house!  Soon our house will be finished and I am so excited!  Jared has done such a magnificent job!  I am so proud of him, he has built with his own hands, from scratch, the place we will forever call home.  It will be the home our children will grow up in, the home they will bring their children to and the home Jared and I will grow old together in!  It hasn't been easy or cheap, but it has been worth it on so many levels!


12. For all the help Jared has gotten on building the house! Myrna and Jared have been busy painting and it looks so beautiful.  I am also thankful for the Young Men, they have helped Jared with lots of nit picky projects related to the house!


13. I am thankful for my calling at church!  I am the Second Councillor in the Primary Presidency!  I am able to get to know the children on a more personal level.  I love doing Sharing Time and since we have had to implement a Calum intervention during Primary I have been able to teach it weekly.  I love the lessons and guidelines the church puts out for us to use.  The lessons are almost magical!




14. I couldn't ask for a better country to live in.  I often wonder how Heavenly Father determines where each of us will be born and into what kind of circumstances.  The freedom, the equality and the opportunity I have been blessed with is truly remarkable.

15. I am thankful for my dad and for his phone calls throughout the week.  They always seem to come at the right time, usually when I am in desperate need to hear a complete sentence that I don't have to pretend I understood!



16. I am thankful I get to be at home with my kids!  Even if at times I feel completely useless, and even lazy when it appears that not a lot has gotten done in a day!

17. Music!  Jared has always been a lover of music, all types!  And I am thankful he has influenced me to be the same! We went to The Black Keys this past year and we actually get to go again in May.  I love the talent some people possess.  I found a new band that I absolutely love too, The Civil Wars!



18. Technology!  I never caught on to texting until recently and Jared and I will text each other throughout the day, and just those little messages can bring a smile to my face!

19. Snow!  I loved how yesterday it was a beautiful spring day, and today there is about an inch of snow on the ground!  I love the variety we get when it comes to weather!

20. The stars!  I love looking up on a clear night and seeing millions and millions of little sparkling lights!  When each one twinkles it makes me feel like we are each like a star, special and unique, and sparkling in our own way!

21. I am thankful for Emry's imagination!  I love being in the car with her and when she looks out the window and can spot different shapes in the clouds.  I love it when she asks me what I see, and together we look harder for more!  I also love how she is always making up songs with the signs she reads on stores, I remember doing that as a kid too!  She really does have an ear for music!


22. The ability I have to drive, sometimes I love it when I am in the car alone.  I love looking around at the beautiful prairies, usually I take the time to soak up all I have been blessed with.


23. A three year old's level of comprehension!  I love it when I ask Calum to do something with multiple instructions and he fully understands!  I also love how his little brother who is only a year and a half also comprehends what I say, though a little slower at fulfilling his task he is able to get it done and has a sense of accomplishment on his face.


24. The opportunity I have to be the Time for Rhymes facilitator in Champion!  Even though there are very few kids who come anymore it really is a great time to bond with my own kids and teach them little songs and rhymes!  I especially love it when we do a favourite one and "again, again" is constantly repeated!  It usually ends up being the car ride one, and by the time we do it three times my legs are killing me from bouncing a 35 pounder up and down!  But the look of pure glee on their little faces is so worth it!

25. Blogging!  I have always liked keeping a journal but I have found that I don't always make time to write in it like I used to!  I am thankful for my blog because in a way it is my journal!  I love being able to add pictures when I want to, and I love being able to write about many things including all the trivial things of life!  I still love my journal because in it I can include the more personal parts of my life!


26. The last ten years I have been married to Jared!  It has been a journey, with lots and lots of character building experiences!  I have enjoyed the journey so far and I so look forward to what the future will bring.





27. Toy Story and Buzz Lightyear!!  Without these magnificent movies and toys, I think Calum would have been the death of me!  But at least I can accomplish a few tasks throughout the day when he decides he wants to watch one of them!  I love how he constantly gives me the play by play, by the tone of his voice I usually know what part of the movie he is at!  Also the Cars movies, he loves playing with cars, especially his "talking" cars!


28. I am thankful for the little girl I have!  I love that she loves to wear dresses and "high heels", but that she still loves going out to help her daddy feed cows and work on the house in her little over-alls!  The best of both world's!  I am also thankful for two little boys who will be best of friends, and will probably get into a ton of trouble together!  But I am thankful they are so close in age that they will have lots in common!


29.  I am thankful to be me!  I am thankful I have a family who loves and supports me in all I do, and I am thankful I have the opportunity to grow and better myself each and everyday!


30. And finally, I am thankful for our cows!  It has been a trying year and a lot of work on Jared's part but I love how it gives us a sense of being.  Taking care of an animal that is completely dependent on us for food and water, I guess much like our children!  I feel like having cows on the farm really makes it feel like a farm.  The job Jared and Dave did on their new cattle handling system is truly remarkable.  I love going out just to look at it!








1 comment: