Friday, March 30, 2012

Looking on the Bright Side!

Well, this has been an extremely busy week as we have been getting ready for the carpet to be laid today!  Jared had John Deere training in Olds on Monday and Tuesday so Myrna and I went out and did some painting for Jared so he could be in before midnight when he got home Tuesday evening!  Well, he was still out until midnight that night, and so was I!  He painted the last coat of red and light purple in Emry's room and the first coat of green in the boys room while I vacuumed the hard wood floor for the third time in less than a week!  The mud will drive me mad!!  Wednesday we were out again until midnight, Jared finished the green in the boys room while I cleaned the showers so our plumber could caulk them the next day.  Thursday I spent from 11am until 4:30pm sweeping, vacuuming and mopping the basement to have it ready for the carpet layers!  When I came in I decided to call Glorious Carpets to see what time they would be coming in the morning and if they needed directions.  I hadn't heard from them so I was just a little concerned.  I soon found out why I hadn't heard from them, they weren't coming:(  He told me he had to reorder the carpet since it has been so long since we originally ordered it and it had dried out.  He reassured me that it would be in next week and they would come then to lay it!

 The bright side...Jared will be able to paint the laundry room before the linoleum in laid and get a good start on the railings.  I will also be able to clean the two upstairs bedrooms in the daylight!  It was still worth the long hours we put in this past week but it will be nice to take it a little easier the next few days!  The end is in sight so I guess I can be patient just a little longer!!

1 comment:

  1. That really sucks!! I hope they didn't charge you for the reorder.

    ReplyDelete