Friday, March 23, 2012

The Celebration Continues!

I had a wonderful birthday this year!  It seemed like we celebrated throughout the entire week leading up to my actual birthday!  It started last Friday night when Buck, Arren, Jared and I all went to the Home and Garden Show and then out to eat at Firestone!  It was a wonderful evening filled with lots of laughs!


The next day we celebrated Ashton's 8th birthday where we were able to share in a very special day with him, his BAPTISM!  It was a beautiful service, everyone who participated did an exceptional job and Ashton couldn't turn his smile off even if he tried!

Calum couldn't resist getting in on the photo op! 
Calum. Emry and little Jonas!
The day of my actual birthday my mom took our family out for Chinese food in Nanton, sooooo yummmy!  Arren and Buck and their little brood also came and so did my Auntie Di!  It was lots of fun, and in keeping with tradition I had my favourite little party guests by my side to celebrate the BIG 3-0!


Gilbert is always concerned about adults having birthday parties, so I always make sure to "invite" him to my birthday party!




My Wonderful Mom, and Auntie Di
Jared and I went out last night for dinner in Lethbridge!  It was the perfect ending to a week of celebrating! A nice quiet dinner, with super yummy food!  I had the Ginger Honey Glazed Pork Sirloin smothered in peaches!  I don't usually order pork at restaurants but this sounded so good, and boy was it ever!  I NEVER eat the fat that is attached to the meat but I couldn't resist, so I ate some with the pork, it was so juicy!  Jared had his usual Blackened New York Steak and he too said it was rather exceptional!  He even tried a beet, but said it tasted quite a bit like dirt!  Score for me though, I got to eat his beets!!  I am so thankful for Jared, he works so hard yet he finds time to take me out, even when we have a deadline for the painting to be finished.  I love him so much and I truly couldn't ask for a better best friend, husband or father!

Well, Jared and Myrna have been busy painting our house, and does it ever look great!  They only have the final coat in two closets left, the second coat of light blue in the boys room, and both coats of the dark blue and the green also in the boys room.  And in Emry's room they have the final coats left of all four colors, and then all the laundry room.  Jared only has three somewhat workable evenings to finish since he has John Deere training in Olds Sunday night until Tuesday night!  Our carpet will be installed on March 30th, and then all we have left to be before we CAN move in is install the railings around the stairs and put in all the electrical boxes.  It is so close I can hardly believe it!  I am so proud of Jared, he has worked so hard on this dream of ours.  He has been exceptionally busy and has had to give up some of the activities he truly loves, but it has been worth it, and once we are in and settled in our house he will have a tiny bit of free time to do those things again!  Our goal is to be in before we start calving in May or else we would have to wait until July!  The saying is true, "Good things come to those who wait!"  I can't truly express my gratitude toward Myrna...without letting us invade her home and take over almost every room in it, we wouldn't have been able to build this house.  When we move out and finish all the little things we will definitely be over at her house helping her renovate.  Moving will definitely be bitter sweet, thankfully it is only a few hundred feet and not a few hundred miles!

The t.v wall in the family room in the basement!
I think he might be going slightly mad!! :)
Painting the boys room!
Emry's room, she picked the colours!
The bathroom upstairs!
The feature wall in our bedroom!
Our master bathroom!
Our music room!
Our beautiful kitchen!
Looking down our stairs!
Once again it has been a wonderful birthday, turning 30 was never a big deal to me!  I always looked forward to what another decade would bring me.  I am thankful for all I experienced in my 20's although some of it was a huge challenge, I am thankful for the person I have become and I know that trials bring growth.  I look forward to this next chapter of my life and I will live it to it's fullest!

3 comments:

  1. WOW, your house is really coming along AMber. Way to go Jared and Myrna. COuldn't believe that was her up on that ladder. Tell Emry I love the colors of her bedroom, looks beautiful. You have much to be thankful for Amber, and you are a sweetheart how you don't take any of it for granted. Happy moving, and I hope it happens before the little calves come. Love, Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  2. The house is looking awesome! I'm sure you are beyond excited to get moved in. Happy Birthday! I'm glad it was good one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. He does look slightly crazy in that picture:) Soooooo close. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete