Saturday, March 17, 2012

Family, Food and Fun

Last night Jared and I went out with Arren and Buck to the Home and Garden Show.  I have never been to one and have always wanted to go, Arren and Buck have been and were contemplating going this year.  So Arren and I got our heads together and decided we would drag our husbands and then go out for a nice dinner after.  Well, it turns out we really didn't have to drag our husbands they were totally gung-ho with the idea too!

We weren't able to leave until after Jared got home from work, which puts getting to the city a little late, but luckily the Home and Garden Show was open until 9.  We stayed the entire two and a half hours and saw some really neat things!  There is this floor mat that both Arren and I really want.  It was too much like magic though to be really believable, until I tired it for myself as we were leaving the show.  It happened to be one of the first exhibits we came across and the man that did the demonstration was a little too into his role as a salesman to take him seriously.  Anyway this mat...if you were to take only one step on it after coming in from outside where it was wet and muddy, and then walked directly onto the nice clean floor there would be no sign of the muck from your shoes.  As apposed to vigorously wiping your shoe on any other kind of floor mat.  It did look pretty unbelievable, and when I tried it I was totally amazed and desperately wanted one (a little out of my price range for a floor mat though!), the guy who originally did the demonstration came over when he saw me giving it a try and I told him I had to try it out for myself because  I was sure he had magic shoes on.  Boy was I proved wrong, something not sold in stores that actually works!

It was so much fun wandering around admiring beautifully landscaped yards and learning about new cleaning products proven to cut cleaning time in half!

The most fun was had at the restaurant after.  We were sitting on the couches at Firestone waiting for our table when Arren non-chalantly asked if I was wearing panty hose or knee highs under my jeans.  I laughed because she called them panty hose and then showed her that I was wearing knee highs, which she laughed at because she thought it was an old lady thing.  Her and Buck also shared a little giggle because she apparently thinks he uses words that would describe something better in the 1800's, and when I told her panty hose was more of a term used way back when, Buck gave the look of see I don't think so back to her!!  I asked what things he says and Arren said he always says cream rinse!  Well, I had honestly never heard that term before and asked him what it was, he said quite disgustedly that it was conditioner!  For some reason I found it hilarious and went into hysterics laughing so hard.  At this exact moment the hostess came to seat us!  We had many more laughs like this at the table, making the evening truly wonderful!

We were celebrating the BIG 3-0 for me that night as well, and I couldn't have asked for a better way to celebrate such a momentous day than with my very best friend and my bestest sister and brother-in-law!  The food was so delicious as well.  We started out with the coconut batter prawns...sooo goood!  I ordered Crispy Caramel Chicken on sticky rice, and it was to die for.  I absolutely loved it.  I really like Firestone, the variety they have on their menu is truly remarkable.  For dessert we had Them Donuts....sooooooo gooood too!  It was a great night, I am so thankful for such a wonderful sister, and best friend.  I am thankful Jared and I are so close to them and I am thankful for all Buck and Arren do for us.  It was a great start to the BIG 3-0 celebration!  Every time Arren comments on my birthday coming up she always puts her hands in the air and says "The BIG 3-0!"  It makes me laugh!  I love her so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment