Monday, April 9, 2012

Happy Easter

Yesterday all the Puzey's came home for an fabulous Easter celebration!  Even though we were missing the jubilant company of Char and Jared Hague, it was still a wonderful time!  It started out with a magnificent dinner made by Myrna!  We had Chicken Cordon Bleu, Jared's absolute favourite, and cheesecake for dessert!  Cora put together a scavenger hunt and I put together an Easter basket for each of the kids.  The scavenger hunt was so much fun, we had everyone involved, even little Jonas!  The weather was perfect, of course a little windy but nothing unusual!  It was a great time had by all, and even though the kids were bouncing off the walls from all the sugar they ingested everyone went to sleep relatively well and didn't wake up too terribly early this morning!  Cora, Leah and Blake get to stay at Grandma's for the week so Emry is in seventh heaven!

I made the eggs in the bowl!  I found the idea on the very addictive pinterest!  They turned out really cute and were a lot of fun to do!
Cora made the place settings for everyone.  They were so cute and edible too! 

The blue team anxiously reading their first clue!
The yellow team
The pink team




The purple team
The final prize! 




Jared and I got a lot of our house sided this weekend, it is looking so good!  The front of our house faces east!  This picture is taken from Myrna's yard facing south.

Thankfully we filled the plastic eggs with candy, sustenance for the adults!!



We weighed Jonas and Armin again and they weigh exactly the same, 21.8 pounds! 


Brothers!
The fabulous Puzey girl cousins!
Leah asked if she could take our picture!  She said we looked so cute sitting there on the couch!  She told us she is practicing for her future career!  She wants to be a photographer/director/stylist/designer!  She wants to design her costumes for the movie she writes and directs and then photograph and film it all too!  Can we say ambitious!! 
This time of year truly is so special!  The newness of spring combined with the celebration of the life of our Saviour, brings a renewal to the earth.  I am saddened by the way our Saviour died, but I am so thankful for the faith He had to overcome the darkness of man.  Without this sacrifice we would have no hope in this life.  I am truly grateful for the knowledge and the faith I have to know that I have the perfect example to follow, and when I do I will receive the ultimate gift, returning to live with my Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ.

It was wonderful to spend Easter with family, to share in the joy of the life of our Saviour.  I am so thankful for all I have been blessed with so far in life.  I am thankful for the trials I have had to go through because I know they have made me stronger, and are nothing compared to what our Saviour suffered.  I couldn't be more blessed with the family I have, or the place I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment