Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Cows

This morning while I was washing dishes I noticed that the big bull, Cassanova, was stuck inside the feeder! He was pacing back and forth and finally decided to get a drink of water. Being much bigger than the momma cow that was stuck in there last week, he was able to lift the plastic feeder up onto the concrete slab and have a drink! After his thirst was quenched he pushed the feeder, with himself inside, back over to the bale and started eating! I had other things to do but while I was making lunch I noticed Cassanova was laying in the hay still stuck inside the feeder! After getting Armin to sleep for his afternoon nap I again found myself in the kitchen getting things ready for supper! I looked out the window to see the status of the stuck bull, he was standing with the feeder up on his back! Only now the momma cow who was stuck last week was standing just behind Cassanova scratching her back on the bottom of the feeder which was resting on Cassanova's hind end! The next thing that happened was very predictable! Cassanova took a step forward and the feeder fell of his rump, which spooked the momma cow, making her step forward, resulting in her, again, being stuck in the feeder!!

These cows are really entertaining to watch! I am thankful I can see them whenever I want just by looking through the window!!

1 comment: