Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Date Night Nightmare

Last night Jared and I planned on going out on a date!  We had planned well in advance to have Myrna watch the kids while we went into Lethbridge to see Les Miserables.  The only showing was at 8:00pm which was actually a perfect time since it is hard for us to leave before 6:00pm, and then it doesn't make it such a late night coming home!  I did have a few groceries to get, mostly milk...on a side note, we go through about 10 jugs of milk a week, we bought 4 last Saturday, and 4 last night and we will have to buy 4 more before the week is through to get us into next week!  Anyway, we decided to grab a burger before the show, and the only place we like burgers now is at 5 Guys Burgers and Fries.  Well, that is all the way at the other end of the city and even though it is just Lethbridge and only takes about 10 minutes to get to and from any place, it seemed to take much longer!  We ordered and waited and waited and waited and finally the cook told us he just put a new batch of bacon on the grill so it would be a few minutes, so we waited some more.  Finally we got our burgers and scarfed them down, I can't really even remember what it tasted like!  I looked up from inhaling my burger and saw Jared picking up a french fry with each hand and alternating them into his mouth, very effective I must say!  We ate in record time and headed back to the theatre, we got there a whole 10 minutes before the show started (which I we thought would be plenty of time since it had been there for almost a month, I guess not especially since it was cheap night), and when I asked for tickets to the show I was quite shocked it was sold out, I think I even said, "Oh, poop!" I think I hang around with Calum a little too much!!

So Jared guided me to the side of the lobby and said we needed to regroup!  We looked to see what else we could see and there wasn't a lot and they all started too close to 10:00pm!  So we decided to get our groceries and then go home and try to go to the show the next tuesday!  After we got groceries Jared suggested we go to Tim Horton's and have a hot chocolate and visit, like the good old days when all we wanted to do was talk!!  Oh, I forgot to mention that while Jared was at work earlier in the day he noticed the van tire was going flat, so he filled it up, came home and put a plug in it.  It wasn't leaking air anymore so he was sure we were good to go!  Each time we got back to the van while we were in the city he checked it to make sure it was staying up and it was...he is such a good fixer!  After Tim Horton's he checked it one last time before we headed on the highway, and it was as good as new!

Driving home we continued with our conversation at Tim Horton's and were just really enjoying each other's company...until we heard this horrible rumbling sound.  I thought for sure the travel case on the roof was coming off, Jared thought a wheel bearing was going and had actually fallen off with how loud the sound was.  So he pulled over and thankfully it was just the tire that he had fixed earlier.  Only it didn't just leak out air, it exploded!  And since we are the most prepared people on the planet, we of course had a spare!  NOT!  I actually blew the spare out at the end of November and it was on because the original tire had also met an untimely end!  A word to the wise, don't cheap out on tires!  Thankfully we knew Buck and Arren were also in the city for a cattle conference, and they hadn't left for home yet!  I called them while Jared was out examining the damage and asked if they would mind picking us up!  They were just at Tim Horton's and then on their way!  So there our van sits on the side of the highway with one sad looking tire!  So despite the nightmarish night I did have fun with Jared, we always seem to have an adventure together and I couldn't ask for anyone better I would like to experience these adventures with!  I was teasing him saying we were going to see a movie called Les Miserables, and instead we experienced a miserable night first hand!  I would actually like to video our life, I am sure it would be quite an entertaining sitcom!

2 comments:

  1. That is a miserable night! Hope you are able to see Les Mis soon - you'll love it. At least you were able to spend some "quality" time together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is to to bad, we were watching all the people coming in looking for you.

    ReplyDelete