Friday, January 4, 2013

New Year's Eve

This new year's eve we took the kids to see "Rise of the Guardians"! It was sooooo good and it kept the boys interest the entire hour and a half!! I thought the story was actually quite heart warming a definite keeper! It was a family affair for sure all 17 of us Puzey's filled the middle two rows of the theatre! The adults are officially out numbered by the kids! After the show we headed over to New Dynasty for the annual Puzey New Year's Eve supper!! Again we filled an entire corner of the restaurant! We brought Leah home with us so her and Emry could have a sleep over! We rang in the new year with them at ten o'clock our time but midnight in Toronto! We toasted with some sparkling apple juice and then sent then to bed where we said they could talk and play for a little bit! Jared and I watched a movie and both fell fast asleep on the couch waking up at 1:30! Emry actually woke me up because she had to go to the bathroom!! The girls told us the next morning that they predicted the time of our midnight and high fived each other before going to sleep!



The next morning we headed over to Myrna's where we were again treated to a yummy pancake breakfast courtesy of Jason and Ashton! And later that afternoon Dave, Char, Cora and Blake came out and we had another traditional meal...Sour Cream Enchiladas! The kids played while the adults visited! A good way to start the new year! Jared also rigged up a sled to pull behind the quad and took the kids out for a fun ride!

I am excited for this year! I am excited to teach the youth Sunday school class, especially with the new curriculum that has come out! I love the youth in our ward and I look forward to getting to know each of them better! I am excited to do some landscaping in our yard, planting trees and seeding grass and maybe building our front deck!!! I wouldn't say I am a superstitious person but the number 13 has always bothered me, actually any odd number for that matter, but thirteen especially! But I am looking past the last two digits of this year and expecting it to be the best it can be, I am going to be positive and embrace all that comes my way!!!

Happy New Year

1 comment: