Sunday, June 9, 2013

A Parade, Moving Cows, Dinner and a Show!!

Saturday was quite a busy day for us!! It started out early for Jared! He went out in the morning to get things lined up and ready to move cows down to the sand!

As a family we drove up to Vulcan where we met up with my sister and her extended family at her Sister in laws house to watch the annual Spock Days Parade, and in following with tradition it was pretty lame! But the kids got enough candy to give them a steady sugar high all day!! Armin loved the wuuu-wuuu trucks, thankfully because there were about ten if them that finished off the parade!!

After the parade we headed to Buck and Arren's to pick up the cattle trailer and truck! Once home we had lunch and Jared went out to finish getting a few things ready before Dave and Char got to the farm to help! With only one truck and trailer and 43 cows plus their calves to move it was going to be a long afternoon, and we didn't start until 3:00pm! The first two loads took about an hour so with five more it was going to be at least three more hours! However, with Jared's brains, he developed a system that moved the process along much quicker than first anticipated! While Dave and Char took the loaded trailer down to the sand to unload Jared and I stayed back and brought another load of cows into alley ready to be loaded! It worked like a charm, until the last load! While Jared and I were pushing the last six cows and their calves into the alley one cow went wild! Well, she had been wild the entire time but she always managed to stay back. While Jared and I were moving them towards the gate into the alley she would circle around and then run toward us, usually when a cow did this it would just dance back and forth and then turn back toward the other cows, this cow would come toward us dance a little, snort and then come toward us some more! Well, actually she only did this to me!!! And finally I had to let her get by me. She desperately wanted to go through me and as I was frantically trying to back out of her way my feet just wouldn't move, thankfully she decided against going through me and just missed me as she went between me and the fence only six feet away!! My heart rate was definitely accelerated after that!! Once Dave and Char got back with the truck they came and helped us and it went quite smoothly! We were finished by 6:30, just enough time for Jared and I to get cleaned up before our babysitter was to arrive at 7:30!

Jared and I went out for a quick supper at our favorite burger joint, Five Guys Burgers and Fries before our movie started at 10:15! We went to the Internship and it was really funny!! It was fun to be out and have a good laugh! Despite how late it was we had a really good time! The kids had a blast with their babysitter, Christie from just down the road! It was a great busy day! I love spending time with my family, especially my very best friend, Jared!!!

1 comment:

  1. It did go pretty smoothly didn't it. Glad you were able to make it to the show.

    ReplyDelete