Friday, June 7, 2013

Track and Field

The Champion Elementary had their track meet yesterday and I was able to take around the Grade Three girls. I loved being able to go from event to event with Emry by my side! She did so well, and really tried her hardest! She placed first in ball throw, throwing 15.71 meters!! Her relay team also placed first, she was the last runner for her team and really finished off strong! The only downfall of the day was I didn't think it was as hot as it really was...Ooops!! With the coolish breeze I didn't think I was burning as bad as I did! The girls all had sunscreen on, but in my rush to get out the door that morning I totally neglected my sun safety. All I can say is, I have never had such s bad burn before, wow, does it ever hurt! The worst thing about my burn is that it is only on the tops of my arms from my hand to just above my elbow, the back of my neck, my ears and my face from my cheeks down! So when it fades to a nice tan it won't be even at all!!

Despite my horrible burn it was a great day with my girl! She really did a great job!

The night before the track meet I was laying with Calum to put him to bed and I told him he would get to go to daycare the next morning. In a very serious voice, even with tears in his eyes he asked me if I could delete him from daycare! It made my heart break!! But I know as soon as we get to daycare he has so much fun playing with all the new toys! I talked to one of the ladies who works at the daycare and she said the boys were both a pleasure to be with!! When the preschoolers and toddlers combine for an hour in the afternoon Calum and Armin always find each other and lock themselves in a big bear hug!! They are such pals and I hope they always will be!!









1 comment:

  1. Sorry you got burnt Amber - not fun! I'm sure the boys have fun at daycare!

    ReplyDelete