Monday, June 17, 2013

Poor Little Fella

Our poor little guys, they are sick :( nothing is worse than seeing your kids under the weather. Calum has had a sore throat for the last four days, his voice is raspy! At first he was telling us that he just had a frog in his throat and wasn't sick! I think he actually did think there was a frog in his throat because he told me the other night when I was laying with him not to get too close because he didn't want the frog to get me too!! I had to take him to emergency Saturday night because he wasn't able to get very much air into his lungs and it was making him very anxious. It turned out it was because his nasal passage was so blocked and since he liked breathing through his nose he was having trouble breathing! All is well and we now know what to look for if it happens again!

Armin has hand foot and mouth disease but seems to be on the mend. His poor little hands and feet are all red with a little pin head rash. And a few larger water blister looking things. His mouth seems to be the most sore, with canker type sores inside! He definitely hasn't been himself but at least today he is up and playing with toys and walking around without saying owwie!!

With yesterday being Father's Day I really want to acknowledge three truly remarkable fathers in my life!! I couldn't ask for a better companion in my life to help raise these precious little kids!! Jared truly is a wonderful father, our kids love him to pieces and are always his little shadows! Yesterday he played basketball and car racing on the play station with Calum and then he took Emry out on the quad to drive through all the cows!

I am also very thankful for my own dad, for all the love and support he gives me. I love his phone calls, though they aren't nearly as often now that I am working!! But I love talking to my dad and I love knowing he is just a phone call away if ever I need him!

And lastly, I am very thankful for my father-in-law! He taught me so much and I am thankful I had the opportunity to live with and learn from him while we were building our house!

I am very blessed and even though we have had sick little guys I am still thankful!! I am thankful I have been blessed with patience, though I can't wait until they are back to their busy, normal selves!!





4 comments:

  1. Poor little guys! Hope everyone is back to normal soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry. You are right having sick kids is awful. Hope they are better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel awful!! Sorry my kids spread that nasty virus!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope he is feeling better by now - I'm catching up on my reading and I have to admit - my first thought was "wow - he would be a great piano player - such long fingers!" :-) Hope you are all well!

    ReplyDelete