Monday, March 30, 2015

Welcome Baby Max

A friend of mine had a baby boy 6 weeks ago and I asked her if she would mind if I had a baby shower for her.  She already has an almost two year old boy so she wasn't really needing anything but its always fun to shower a new mom and her beautiful bundle with "new" things!!!

This was the first "unfamily" party I had in our house and I had so much fun getting things and making treats and decorating!!

The shower was a success with lots of ladies in attendance! I loved the quick little games we played...one was guessing the number of days a specific animal was pregnant, for example those creepy little furry things (mice) are only pregnant for 21 days....EWWW!!!!  Cats are pregnant for 61 and dogs for 63.  Elephants are pregnant for 624 days, thats almost 2 years...YUCK!!!  The other game we played was guessing what item in the bag matched the letter on the outside!  The letters on the bags spelled out BABY SHOWER and each bag had an item used with babies that started with that letter!  It was fun and once the items were pulled out of the bags a chorus of "oh right" was heard among everyone!!!

I found the cutest old style milk jars and put string around the top with a tag that had Max's name written on it.  I also found blue polka dot and stripped paper straws and used them to slurp up the chocolate milk I served in the milk jars.


I made heart shaped sugar cookies and iced them with blue icing.  I decorated with the blue baby shower bags filled with yellow tissue paper and wooden blocks set up as block towers.  It was so much fun!!!  I just love doing things like this!!


I even spruced up our house to make it feel more springy!!!  I changed the red table cloth for a yellow one and put out yellow and blue pillows on our couches, and I bought a bouquet of yellow and orange gerber daisy's (my absolute favourite flower!!)


Welcome to the world little Max....


4 comments:

  1. You should start a business throwing baby showers for people

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Amber! Max and I had a blast! Always a good excuse to Party!!!

    ReplyDelete