Monday, May 9, 2016

12 Years Old

Our sweet Emry turned 12 last week!! She is such a beautiful, loving, caring and compassionate young woman!!! This birthday marked her graduation from Primary into Young Women's!! She was so excited to move up...she gets to be with Cora and Leah, the two cousins she looks up to and truly admires!

The day of Emry's birthday I let her sleep in a little longer than usual!  While I was getting ready for work I could hear Calum rummaging around in the kitchen but I didn't really pay much attention.  When I went to get Emry up Calum was in bed with her watching a show and she was drinking milk with a lid on it.  That I found odd!! Calum told me he brought her milk in bed for her birthday!! He really is a very considerate boy! Once they were all upstairs and waiting for the bus, Calum and Armin both sang "Happy Birthday" to Emry.  I think she was definitely feeling the birthday love that morning!!


Wednesday I took Emry out of school and we went into the city to get her hair cut and to see my Grandma Mary.  It was a very nice day, fun but also a little sad.  Emry had a hard time seeing Grandma Mary in the condition she is in, it made her cry.  But it gave us an opportunity to talk about life and death and what happens to us when we die.  It was a great connection for us, I love the questions she asks and the depth at which her understanding is at.  We had lunch with my Mom and Mark and then went to see a friend who had just had a baby a month earlier. We made it back to the school in time for Emry's band rehearsal and the boys baseball practice!!A great day with my favorite girl!!


Sunday was her first day in Young Women's! The other girls came and "kidnapped" her from Primary by grabbing her arms and dragging her to their classroom!  She so enjoyed the lesson and can't wait for next week.  She received her certificate of advancement and finished her Faith in God.  A great accomplishment!! The first thing that happened when she got into Young Women's is they called her to be the first councillor in the Beehive Presidency!!!  Not even a week to get settled!!

I am proud of her and I am thankful to be her mom here on earth.  She is a delight to have in our home and is such a big helper around the house and the farm.  I love the way her mind thinks and the take charge attitude she has.  She is a girl older than her actual years which I think will be a great blessing to her in her later years!  I love my sweet girl and couldn't ask for a better daughter than her!

1 comment:

  1. She truly is a beautiful young woman :)

    ReplyDelete