Tuesday, May 10, 2016

Mother's Day

I have the sweetest family ever!! I told Calum all I wanted for mother's day was a clean house.  He secretly went down to the basement and cleaned up all the toys!! He was so proud of himself, and I too, was so proud of him! Each of the kids made me such nice stuff.  I got books All About Mom from the boys and their answers were sweet and genuine!  Emry made me a nice card with thoughtful remarks inside!  And Jared barbequed steaks for dinner...so yummy!!  We had my mom and Jared's mom over to eat with us.  Two of my most favorite women.  I am so grateful for all they do for me.  They are wonderful examples and great friends.  Myrna has raised such a fine son, I couldn't ask for a better husband or father for our children.  I love the qualities she has instilled in him during his growing years!


Being a mother is hard, harder by far than any other job I have ever had.  It is exhausting and messy, overwhelming and depleting.  But is also so rewarding and at the end of the day when the little rascals are all asleep, snug in their beds, it is so worth it!!  The hugs, and slobbery kisses, the innocent I love you's and constant calling of mom, mom, mom...make all the other stuff go away.  I love my kids more than anything in the world, I love them so much I would give up even my last piece of hidden chocolate for them if they caught me eating it ;)  They mean the world to me and I am so thankful for the opportunity I have been given to be a mom, to raise these precious children.  I only hope I am doing something right and instilling in them qualities of goodness, humility and kindness.


Happy Mother's Day to all the women who have helped shape me to be the woman I am today! Especially to my mom, mother in law, sister's and sister's in law!! I love each of you so much and am so thankful for the examples you are to me!

4 comments:

  1. You have a hidden stash of chocolate! !??! I like.

    ReplyDelete
  2. "I would give up even my last piece of hidden chocolate for them". That says it all. That is a love only a mother can have!! Love you Amber. Your kiddos are lucky to have you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post! Looks like you had a lovely day. Lalainia

    ReplyDelete