Monday, April 25, 2011

A Beautiful Easter


What a beautiful day it was on Easter!  The weather was so calm and so bright!  I am so thankful for the opportunity we have to celebrate this wonderful season!  I wasn't sure what to type, I didn't want to say the death of our Savior, that sounds horrible, but what we are ultimately celebrating is His resurrection.  I always get goose bumps and tingles all across my body whenever I hear songs about our Savior, and just knowing that he made this ultimate sacrifice for each of us individually helps when life gets overwhelming.  Since the beginning of April our Relief Society has been taking a journey, a 21-day journey closer to Christ.  It goes along with a book by Emily Freeman called, "21 Days Closer to Christ", we are going to have our celebration of our journey this coming thursday.  But as I did this I truly have felt closer to my Savior.  I have always had a testimony of the truthfulness of this gospel, but I have never had the assurance of KNOWING that it was true, until I have taken this 21-day journey.  I felt that reading the specific scriptures of the life of Christ and praying about specific things, I have come to know Christ on a more personal level.  Something I feel truly blessed to have experienced in my life!

As tradition would have it with most North American families we spent Easter with my mom, my sister and her little family, and her husbands family!  It was a wonderful day with great food and lots of laughs.  The kids went on an egg hunt, and had so much fun, Calum looked as though he were on cloud nine running around looking for plastic eggs filled with candy!








Calum, Emry, Lily Anne, Gilbert, Rachel, Sarah and Amanda
The meal was soooo good!  My mom and sister have always had a talent with making delicious food, especially meat, I think it has a lot to do with how they marinate it!  The ham my sister Arren made was amazing, it had a bit of a kick to it!  And my mom's cabbage rolls were as yummy as ever!



After a delicious and very filling dinner we all ventured out for a walk!  The kids had a blast when Grandma started blowing bubbles for them to catch.  We went at least 1/2 a mile from the house and ended up having to piggy back or shoulder ride kids back!






Arren and, Buck's sister, Jessica
 We hardly saw Emry and Lily, they were outside most of the day playing with the baby kitty's!



Calum and Jared played with the police and robber lego the Easter Bunny brought him, and Gilbert played lego and shot nerf darts at Jared.



I always love spending these special occasions with family, it always feels more fulfilling to be with those we love.  It was a beautiful day all around!

No comments:

Post a Comment