Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Crazy for Cupcakes

Since Calum has started napping again, I have found myself channel surfing while I feed Armin.  My latest obsession, Cupcake Wars!  I find the flavours they combine so fascinating!

Well, this has just inspired me to try something new in the baking department!  I came across a chocolate cupcake with raspberry filling, the cupcake was made from scratch!  I have only made cupcakes with a cake mix, and they usually turn out okay.  This recipe I found from scratch is the most amazing chocolate cupcake I have ever tasted, in my opinion anyway, the real test will be after supper tonight when Jared tastes them :)


I added a cream cheese frosting to them, and on half of the batch I iced with a raspberry cream cheese frosting.  I think the raspberry cream cheese will taste better on a vanilla cupcake, but the plain cream cheese frosting on the chocolate cupcake is heavenly!  For our Relief Society Activity tomorrow evening I am making cupcakes for the refreshment, I wanted to try this recipe before I made a whole bunch.  I think I will make these as well as some vanilla with a buttercream frosting, and I will ice flowers on the top of each vanilla cupcake, a lovely treat for spring, don't you agree?!



3 comments:

  1. They look super yummy. You can't go wrong with chocolate and raspberry. Ever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOoh they look too good. Will you share your recipe of the cupcake and icing please? They are beautiful Amber. Good job. Post your recipe please.
    Love, Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum Yum Yummy!!! I want one!

    ReplyDelete