Friday, April 8, 2011

The First Calf!!

Jared went out quite early to feed the cows this morning, in hopes that the ground would be significantly harder than it normally is!  He finished in time to leave for work, but quickly turned his car around when he noticed a teeny tiny cow standing all by itself in the field!  By the time he came back into the house to grab his record book the calf was busily drinking from her mother.  We bundled up the entire family and headed out to see the little miracle!  Jared was so happy that the cow had no trouble having her calf, he hopes this is sign for the 50 something more to come!  I forgot how much I have missed being around cows on a daily basis, the new little calves bring new life to the farm, it has always amazed me how quickly the little calves are up and around, jumping and frolicking!  Emry and Calum sure liked seeing the new little calf!  I foresee a great spring ahead!



1 comment:

  1. That is awesome. Glad it was all ok. Guess this means I lose my husband for the next little while:)

    ReplyDelete