Friday, September 30, 2011

Five Little Kids Went to the City One Day...


Today I took five little guys under the age of seven to Lethbridge!?!?!  It actually went very well!  I didn't lose anyone, or traumatize anyone, at least I don't think any of them are traumatized!  I was very patient and I didn't raise my voice, not even once!  They all listened and stayed right with me at all times.  It was a fantastic day, although I am thoroughly exhausted!

Emry really wanted Lily to have a sleep over, so Arren and I decided this weekend would be the perfect opportunity.  Buck and Arren's 8th Anniversary is on October 4th and they thought they would celebrate it early so Gilbert also came for a sleep over!  I had already planned on going to Lethbridge today before the sleep over was planned so I just decided to take all the kids!  I only had to go to Walmart to get some squeezable baby food for Armin, and since they were so good staying right with me and not whining for every little thing they saw I let each of them pick out a toy that was under $5!  They all were extremely well behaved picking out a toy too, Gilbert even picked his out in record time, less than half an hour!!


After Walmart we went to visit Great Grandma Bev, we weren't able to stay long because she was headed to the bank with her sister.  But it was great to see her and see how much her face lit up when she saw the kids!  After Grandma Bev's we headed to Coaldale to see Great Grandma Mary and Great Grandpa!  It was so nice to be able to visit with them too.  As soon as we got in the house Lily and Emry disappeared into the bedroom with all the toys, Gilbert headed to the kitchen table to build his Optimus Prime Lego he picked from Walmart, Calum gathered all the loud toys and brought them into the living room, and Armin desperately tried to pull all Grandma's knick knacks off her coffee table!  We were even able to visit Auntie Bonnie too!  We left Grandma and Grandpa's in time to get home for supper!

All the kids with Great Grandma and Great Grandpa!


It was a lot of fun, and all the kids were great!  I am so thankful to be so close to my niece and nephew!  I am also so thankful that Emry, Calum and Armin are so close to their cousins!  I love how Emry and Gilbert are in the same class, and I love how the Champion School has split grades so every other year Emry and Gilbert will be in the same class.  I just figured it out that Calum and Lily will be in the same class every other year too!

Arren and I took these pictures of the kids this morning before we left for the city, they all co-operated so nicely!

Something scary that came to my mind last night while I was laying with Calum thinking about going to Lethbridge with five little kids, was that all these kids could physically be mine.  The time span between each one is long enough to be able to be pregnant again.  I could not imagine having all these kids as my own, but if they were I know I would love them all unconditionally, I am not saying however that I would be completely sane, but I would definitely love them none the less!

1 comment: