Thursday, September 29, 2011

Fun at Aunnie Earins!!

This morning Calum wanted to call Auntie Arren, so I dialed and let him do the talking!  He said hi when she answered and then instantly asked if he could come to her house!  She of course said yes, so the boys and I piled in the van and headed over to "Aunnie Earins!"  The way Calum talks is super cute and we probably should be correcting him before the academic professionals put him in the group of speech impediments!

While we were at Arren's Calum and Lily played with Gilberts action figures, for some reason when Calum plays his guys are always brothers who are trying to save each other, he usually says things like "you my brudder, you my fravrit!"  And it goes back and forth like this for quite some time.  Lily was looking a little perplexed wondering how her guys were going to fit in!  Watching little kids play is so much fun to watch, seeing their innocence shine through and even some of the things they pick up from us!

When I got Calum out of his car seat, he instantly walked up to Arren's door and let himself in without knocking, he didn't take his shoes off and waltzed right on into the kitchen where Arren had the most delicious chocolate chip cookies cooling on the counter.  He helped himself to one with no thought of asking, and continued on into the livingroom where Lily was watching a show, his home away from home!  I think throughout the time we were there Calum helped himself to more than his fair share of cookies, come to think of it, so did I!!

Calum always asks Arren "what happen your yegs?"  She always tells him that she hurt them in a car accident and then he proceeds to tell her what happened to his knee when he fell off the diving board!  I don't think he asked her this time, he was too mesmerized by the cookies!

It was a lot of fun and I love seeing my sister and spending time with her!  At one point Calum attached a rope to Arren's wheelchair and started to pull her backwards, the most amazing of seeing this was he pulled her with one hand!  He really is a toughie!  Arren always takes time to play with the kids, and they are always laughing and smiling when they are around her!  I truly admire my little sister and the many values she instills within her family!  I am also so proud of all she has accomplished through this horrible time of being "stuck" in her space boots!  Although I firmly believe she should be relaxing a little more than she is, I am proud of her strength and her desire to go on as though she weren't "stuck"!

When the boys and I got home Emry was soon due to come walking through the door!  When she got home I asked her how her spelling test went and she told me she got all the words right!  I asked her how many words there were and she said fourteen!!  I am always amazed at how well she does in school, she really seems to enjoy it, the challenge of excelling really appeals to her!  I hope this continues for the next 12 to 16 years of school!  She also had the Terry Fox Run this afternoon and she also really enjoyed this, she loves to run and I think she did the 5km's, instead of the 2km's!  She is a sweet girl and I am also so proud of her.  I went into the school yesterday afternoon to meet her teachers and they all said what a pleasure she is to have in the classroom.  Two of teachers said that the grade one girls really look up to her and when she is on task and doing what she is supposed the whole class seems to flow a lot smoother!  She is also very helpful and always willing to do what is asked of her!

Time sure flies once the kids go to school full time, I look forward to what the years ahead will bring while at the same time I am trying to enjoy the few precious moments I have while the kids are still small!

No comments:

Post a Comment