Monday, September 26, 2011

The Master of Disaster Turns Three!

Saturday was Calum's third birthday!  He was so happy that day!  As soon as he woke up we wished him a happy birthday and from that moment on he had a perma grin on his face!  And any time we or someone else asked whose birthday it was we would always hear his gruff little voice answer "Me's birfday!"  We didn't give him any presents or even have cake on his birthday!  Instead we had decided to celebrate his birthday on Sunday!  I did make his birthday cake on Saturday, I decided to try my hand at using fondant to ice the cake, it was a lot easier than I expected.  Calum is obsessed with Transformers, or as he calls them, "Transmormers!"  I made him a Bumblebee cake, which he calls, "Beekabug!"  I printed two pictures off the internet as examples, one happened to be a picture of Optimus Prime and the other was Bumblebee.  I printed the Optimus Prime one for the shape of the cake and the Bumblebee one for the colours and design!  When I started to ice his cake he said he didn't want Beekabug, he wanted Eggatron (who he thinks is Optimus Prime), I told him I was doing Bumblebee because he had less colours and was lots easier to do!  He showed the pictures to daddy and told him that momma was making him a transmormer cake, but not eggatron because he's too hard!  He was so proud of his cake, it made my heart beat ten times faster because he was so happy.  When I walked by the Nursery at church yesterday I over heard him telling his teacher that his momma made him a Beekabug transmormer cake, and at his party when it was time for cake he ran over to Auntie Arren and asked her "You wanna see my transmormer cake?"  He had his little hands clasped together and tucked under his chin with a great big smile on his face!





Opening his presents was truly priceless!  When he opened Auntie Arren, Uncle Buck, Gilbert and Lily's present the first thing he said was "This is my fravorit!"  My mom had found these Chuck the Dump Truck sets that let the trucks move by themselves and do stunts, so she gave him a set and so did Buck and Arren.  Emry picked out a tractor and round baler for Calum, since he loves tractors so much!  Liam gave him a quad with a guy on it, which Calum loves because he loves playing with his "guys"!  Grandma Puzey gave him a Bumblebee rescue bot that goes along with a Rescue Hero guy!  I was so excited to give him our gift, and his reaction reassured me that what we chose for him was perfect!






Calum loves the Mater Tales cartoons, his absolute favourite is The Monster Truck one.  When I was shopping for his present I found the actual Tormentor, Frightning McMean, and the I-Screamer toys.  I absolutely couldn't resist not getting these for him, so I did!  I wrapped the three cars separately and the first one he opened happened to be Lightning McQueen, the look on his face was pure delight!  When Emry handed him the next present before he even tore into it he asked, "Is this Mamer mom?"  And when he saw that it indeed was Mater, he was beside himself with excitement!




He did get spoiled, but he is worth it.  This morning I hardly saw him, he was playing with ALL his new toys.  He would play with Chuck for a little while, then he would get his transformers and have them talk to Chuck, he would then move on to his tractor and baler, and then his monster trucks.  He would use the winch on his little quad and haul the I-Screamer monster truck away!  I was upstairs slicing up peaches to put in the freezer while Armin was asleep, and every so often I would hear Calum say something downstairs.  I had locked Armin in his room so Calum wouldn't bother him, but I was still a little afraid that if Armin started to cry Calum might use a pool que to unlatch the lock at the top of our door.  I went quietly down the stairs to spy on Calum and what I saw was so sweet.  He was sitting in the middle of his toys watching Mickey Mouse.  When he saw me he said, "I just talkin' to Mickey Mouse Mom!"  I feel like he did a complete 180 this morning, he has been extra gentle to Armin, he has been sweet with me, telling me he loves me and giving me kisses, either he was completely bored with his other toys or turning three was his turning point!  Whatever the reason I will keep him, actually I would keep him even if he was still rough and tough, he truly is my special little man, and I couldn't imagine life without him.






Oh, Grandpa Glen stopped by on Calum's actual birthday, Saturday, and gave him a present.  The perfect gift ever.  Dad gave him a Stampeders Jersey!  It fits him perfectly and with the build he has he truly does look like a little football player!  In his card dad wrote, "Happy Birthday To a First Class Linebacker, I mean Grandson!"  The card has a dump truck on the front with the number three, and inside it says ...and always on the go!  What a perfect card for Calum, a lot of thought was put into this gift!





Future Linebacker!




It was a terrific day, and so much fun to spend it with family.  I was happy Rachel could be here with Liam and Jonas, and also that my sister could be here with her family!

Lily 
Jonas

1 comment:

  1. Sounds like an awesome party. I love those Tonka Chunk Trucks. My 3yr old nephew saved up his money to get then and now Blake is doing the same thing. They are so much fun. Your cake turned out great.

    ReplyDelete