Thursday, November 17, 2011

Mish Mash Moments!

This past week has gone by quickly!  Last Friday Myrna, Emry and I went into the Remembrance Day Service in Champion.  I was in the choir that Myrna was leading!  It was really nice, as it always is.  Those who risked their lives to give us peace and freedom truly is something to celebrate, and something to remember.  The last post played on the trumpet always brings tears to my eyes and tingles to my entire body.  And the poem "In Flanders Field's", when read always brings me to the moment when John McCrae wrote it.  This year at the service, this poem was read by a 10 year old girl, and it was really touching.

Emry had a nice long break from school this weekend.  She had Friday, Monday and Tuesday off!  Monday we headed to Coaldale with my mom to see my Grandma and Grandpa Scheibner, as well as my Auntie Bonnie!  It was so much fun and as always, was long over due.  It was nice to catch up with Grandma and Grandpa, and the kids had so much fun playing with Auntie Bonnie!  I have always admired my mom and her sister's, they always play with the kids, whether it involves dressing up and playing pretend or playing cars or building forts, whatever it is they are always willing to do anything!



Tuesday I again spent the day with my mom.  She just got a new horse, her name is Peggy and she is a Palomino!  Emry is obsessed with horses, yet she is also terrified of them.  Tuesday she actually got on Peggy and went for a little ride (little, because it turned cold that afternoon, the wind was wicked!).  Calum went for a ride too, and loved it.  I wanted to have a turn too, but decided against it because I was so cold!








Wednesday, I again got to see my mom, only she watched Calum, Armin and Lily while Arren and I did some work in our house!

Thursday, the boys and I went over to Arren's to have lunch with my dad!  It was nice to see him too, it has felt like a long time!  Calum totally ignored Grandpa Glen when we first got to Arren's, but before we sat down for lunch Dad was in Lily's room with the kids playing!  Before we left for Arren's I was walking down the stairs at home and as klutzy as I am I bashed my knee into the corner of the end table beside the love seat.  It hurt so bad that I let out a little yelp, Calum noticed and asked if I was okay!  After I stopped jumping around I said yes!  But as the day has gone on it has gotten much more sore!  When I went to put my jammie pants on I noticed why it hurt so much...the bruise actually doesn't look as bad in a picture or does it look as bad as it feels, but I was surprised to see such a big bruise.  I often have bruises that I am unsure of how I got them, if there is a door way, no matter how wide, I always seem to run into the edge of it as I walk through, or I happen to stub my toe on anything within a 5 foot radius!


It has been a fun week, and as always it has gone too fast.  Christmas is just around the corner, and I am so excited.  My one wish this Christmas is for us to be in our house, but I think I will have to wait for this wish to come true until next Christmas!  Even though the time goes by fast, it doesn't seem like there is quite enough time for Jared to get everything done that he has on the go!  The new corral system is taking a little longer than Jared had planned because it gets dark before he gets home from working at John Deere.  However, I know our house will get done soon enough, and I am happy for the home we get to live in right now.  I am thankful for the time we have gotten to spend so close to Mom and Dad Puzey, for all I have learned from them, and for all that they have done for us!

1 comment:

  1. I hate it when the picture doesn't really show how bad it really is. Dave and I were talking the other day and we were saying how much we appreciate you and Jared doing the leg work for house building out there. I am sorry it has taken so long. We have learned who to use and not to use plus Dave has got tips from Jared on ways to do things. Good luck with it all.

    ReplyDelete