Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Fun at Auntie's?!

My niece, Lily, stayed over night at our house the other night.  She was so excited and had been counting down the days for over a week, I think her mom and dad were more excited that the day finally arrived because that is all she talked about!  We don't usually have school night sleep overs but Arren and Buck had to be in Calgary early the next morning for an appointment with the surgeon who fixed her broken ankles last summer.  I was proud of myself because I got the kids into bed by 8:00pm, but the girls didn't actually fall asleep until well after 10:00pm!  But they all got up in time for Emry to have breakfast, and get her hair done before the bus came!

Before bed the girls had a bath and then after I put Emry's hair in a bun so it would be curly in the morning, Lily saw this and asked if I could do hers too!  This is quite something coming from her, because she will barely let her own mom brush her hair and to put ponies in it is totally forbidden!



In the morning I put a waterfall braid in Emry's hair and again Lily wanted me to do the same!  She looked so adorable!  It didn't last though, with how hard her and Calum played that morning.  And by that I mean they completely emptied Calum's dresser, and most of his closet and put all the clothes plus all Emry's books from her room and blankets and cars on his top bunk of his bed!  I had implemented a new cleaning schedule into our lives and yesterday was my day to vacuum, since the kids were playing so good I just kept on a vacuuming.  When I walked into Calum's room I was stunned with how much stuff was on his bed and when they managed to do it!  I was okay with it, they were having fun and really it was going to be pretty easy to put it all away!  I was just happy that they were playing so good!








I had to go to Vulcan that afternoon to get my blood tested and since Lily's hair was pretty messed up from all their playing I convinced her to let me do it again!  I did it a little differently and she again looked so adorable!  The convincing came at a price for me though, I promised her I would get her a treat while we were in Vulcan!!



So I think it was a fun time at Auntie's!  I love Lily so much and I am so thankful she likes me just as much too!  I love how her and Calum get along so well, and I love how she is so kind and gentle to Armin!  She really is a sweet girl!  I also love the way her mind works especially for a four year old!  While we were having supper last night she asked if she could go outside, for some reason Emry answered and told her NO!  Lily then asked Emry if she would play with her after supper, and again Emry answered with NO!  So Lily answered with "Then why can't I go outside?"  Emry was at a loss for words and I think finally realized she was being a little rude to her younger cousin who absolutely adores her!  The verdict...they did play together and had a great time!

2 comments:

  1. Cute pictures of the kids! I feel like I haven't seen Armin and Calum for soooo long. That was quite the haul of stuff they got up to that top bunk - must have taken a while!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the picture of everything off the floor:) Did you try the sock bun to make it go curly? I tried that with both girls a couple months ago and even with Cora's curly hair it looked nothing like the picture. If yours turned out then sometime when I am with you I want you to show me what I did wrong. Wow that ended up being long.

    ReplyDelete