Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Happy Father's Day!

This past weekend was a lot of fun!  I can't say that we really did anything truly exciting but I felt like I got to see Jared more than usual!  Friday night we went to the temple with the Puzey clan, to do some work for the names Cora had found.  The names were of those from Mynra's dad's side of the family.  I really enjoyed the session that night and I truly felt a wonderful spirit with me the entire time.  I wonder if it is because the names had more meaning to our family, and those waiting for that work to be done were sitting right there with us rejoicing!

Saturday Jared and Dave worked on building the hub for the new water location on the quarter in the sand.  They came in for lunch, and even though I just fed them grilled cheese sandwiches it was fun because I fed them in our new house!  I love this house more and more each day.  I can't stop saying how proud I am of Jared.

Sunday was Father's Day!  My dad was on the road but I did manage to give him a quick phone call.  I didn't however get the chance to tell him how much I love and appreciate him.  I am so thankful for him in my life and for all he has done for me over the last 30 years.  I admire his motivation and his drive to overcome any obstacle put in his way.  I am thankful he has been an example to me and has inspired me to choose a husband who is as determined and motivated as my dad.


I am also so thankful for the other dad I have in my life, and oh, how much I miss him.  I am so thankful for the opportunity I had in my life to have a father in law who was more of a father than an in law to me.  David was truly an example to me as well, he was so kind and compassionate.  He always wanted the best for everyone and went out of his way to give his service where needed.  I am so thankful Jared has those same qualities as his dad, and how he is such a wonderful reminder of him in every way.


The last dad I want to thank is my husband.  He is such a wonderful dad to our three beautiful children.  He truly is their superhero.  He takes time to play with them, to talk to them, and to give them hugs and kisses.  I love how every morning before he leaves for work he seeks each one out, even if they happen to still be in bed, and gives them each a hug and a kiss.  He truly is an example to them, and I honestly couldn't ask for someone better than Jared to lead and guide them through this challenging world!


I feel so blessed to have been given the opportunity to know these men so closely.  I am thankful for the  influence they have each had on my life and for the examples they are to me.  Happy Father's Day to the three best dads out there and to all the other dad's who also go above and beyond to care for those they love!

1 comment:

  1. great pictures. Jared is a lot like his dad even the teasing:)

    ReplyDelete