Monday, September 24, 2012

Four Years Older and Wiser Too...

Today is Calum's fourth birthday, and what a special day for a special boy!  We had quite the weekend of celebrating!  It all started friday night when we met my dad in Champion for a quick visit on his way to Texas for work!  The kids love their Grandpa Glen and always get hyper when we see him.  Emry and Calum were having races up and down the side walk and soon Armin got in on the action!  Dad gave Calum his birthday present, a t-shirt that couldn't be more fitting for Calum...on it says "I am only here to annoy you!"  He loved it and we had a real hard time getting it off of him, we let him sleep in it because it would have been too big of a fight to get it off, but the next morning was a different story!  We finally agreed on his shirt from Grandpa Glen last year, his Stampeders jersey!

Saturday morning Grandma Debbie and Mark came over for a birthday breakfast!  They gave Calum a cool helicopter that really flies, a rubber band propelled jet plane, a Lightening McQueen watch, which he hasn't taken off, a dinky car that moves and flips by itself and a great orange plaid shirt!  It was a good morning and nice to be able to spend it with my mom and Mark!



That afternoon we headed to Calgary for a Puzey family reunion, which was a lot of fun!  We hadn't been to one since Calum was only 8 months old and Jared had recently broke his knee.  It was good to see all Jared's cousins and Calum met a great friend...Jared's cousin Troy has a little boy who just turned five and his name is Kingston, well Calum and Kingston were inseparable and Calum even cried when he realized Kingston left while he was in the bathroom and he didn't get a chance to say good bye!  He desperately wanted him to come to our house so they could watch Lego Nijago together!  Troy also got a huge kick out of Calum, especially since Calum insisted he share his orange pop with Troy, using the same cup!  What a good sport because he did and I think doing so instilled a genuine form of trust with Calum!  Calum also said his classic "awkward!" when we all laughed after sharing a slobber filled cup with a complete stranger!

Grandma Puzey with all her grandkids at the Puzey reunion!  Lollipops are thanks to Aunt Sheila!
Sunday was the day we actually celebrated Calum's birthday!  Arren and Buck and their kids came over, as well as Myrna, Rachel and her boys to help us celebrate!  When Rachel got to our place Liam carried the present in and when Calum opened the door he said, "Oh, Eeumm! That was kind of you to bring me a present, thank you so much!"  He was so polite all evening with everyone, I was so proud of him!  We had chilli cheese dogs and fruit and it seemed to go over well, and was a super easy meal to make!  After we had cake and ice cream, I asked Calum what kind of cake he wanted trying to steer him in the direction of a Lego cake because that is what Jared and I got him for his present.  But he had his mind set on a batman and Robin cake!  It was actually a lot easier than I anticipated it would be it was just switching the icing colours in my one icing tube that made it a lot of work!


I also made chocolate cupcakes filled with caramel and a milk chocolate icing for the grown ups!  They were so yummy!  I love making cupcakes!  It was a fun evening with family and Calum was so polite and went around and gave everyone hugs after he opened their present.  When he opened Grandma Puzey's present he jumped up and down with pure delight...she gave him a Superman and an Ironman costume!  I noticed the pj's that Liam was wearing the other day and thought for sure that Calum would love them so I had Rachel pick up a pair for him, so when Liam walked into the house wearing his Lego jammies last night I made sure to put Calum in his and they looked so cute in their matching pj's!















I had to teach yoga this morning so after the boys and I took Jared out for lunch, and being that it is Calum's birthday we let him decide where to go!  He chose pizza, which made us happy because it is probably the least expensive place to eat in Vulcan!  After we went and had an ice cream cone!  And because I teach yoga again this evening we thought yesterday would be a better day to celebrate!

I can't believe he is already four years old, time sure does fly by.  I love the little boy he is, the tender heart that he has and his sense of humour.  I love his antics and the joy he finds in life.  I love how energetic he is yet I also love that he will sit on the couch and read a book, and when the story is all done he always says "Amen!"  I love how he looks out for his little brother, especially when they are outside and he gets very concerned when Armin starts to wander away!  I love how he looks up to his sister and lets her help him with trivial things!  I love how he is a big tease just like his Daddy!  I just love him so much sometimes it is hard to put it in words!  Lately I have been asking him to give me a kiss and before he does he always asks what day it is, so I will tell him and he will say "Nope, only kisses on saturday!"  I would love to be in his head and see what he is thinking and why!  I look forward to what this next year will bring and I hope I will cherish everyday because by his next birthday he will be in Kindergarten and life will change once again!

5 comments:

  1. Such a cutie! Looks like he had a great birthday weekend! I love that he says Amen when he finishes reading a book - precious.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fun birthday he had. Loved all the write up and things at the reunion. It was soo good to see all of you, . Let's hope it isn't another 4 years before another reunion. Love your blog Amber. Keep it up.
    Love, Aunt Sheila

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job on the cake. You defiantly have a talent there. Looks like a great birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2022 me bored I'm Armin Puzey

    ReplyDelete