Friday, September 28, 2012

Thoughts

I have been taking a little more time to observe our children and I have decided that they are hands down the cutest kids in the world...yes I do realize that every parent feels this way about their children!!

Anyway, I love how Emry smiles! Her top front teeth are quite prominent to say the least, just like mine were when I was that age only I had a super huge gap between them! And my older sister, who was a typical older sister and was constantly annoyed by her little sister, always teased me about my teeth! Well I became super self conscious and still am little bit about the way my teeth look! And because of this I have wanted to make sure Emry isn't self conscious like I was! I am proud of her for embracing her big teeth by smiling the way she does! Her school pictures were adorable, the same exact smile in each pose, her lower lip tucked under her top teeth! I also love how helpful she is to me with the boys! The other night she read Calum a story and even laid with him for a little bit while I was putting Armin to bed! She even willingly changes Armin's diapers, even when they are poopy! There are definitely times when she is defiant and says no to us, but her helpfulness far out weighs her defiance!

I am in awe almost daily with Calum! There are not words to describe that boy! I love him to pieces even though he exasperates me quite regularly! He truly has a very tender heart, just like his daddy, that many people do not get to see, again, just like his daddy! When he gets in trouble the first thing he wants is a huggie to make him feel better! When someone else is in trouble or hurt or even just sad, he goes to them with a hug! When he asks someone for something and they give it to him he always says "thank you, that really was very kind of you!" I love how he sings and knows the words to quite a few songs...Rumor Has It-by Adele, Lovesick-by Selena Gomez, and so many more, but my absolute favorite is What Makes You Beautiful-by One Direction! He will start belting that song out where ever we are, on tune even..."that's what makes you boodyfull!"

And Armin...oh, my dear sweet Armin!! I always thought he would be the quiet one!! Totally not so! He is a great mixture of both Emry and Calum, a definite over reactor like Emry and super loud like Calum! Yet he too has his own personality...he is starting to talk and can most clearly say the typical first words, Da-die, Mom-mi, hi, bye-bye, more, meelk, car, vroom, pee-pee, tinky, Umry, and the word that has won him the most points...Aunnie Erwin!! He is also quite a sly little guy, when he is told quite firmly not to touch something he points at it again, almost like he is about to touch it but instead he gives a little smug grin!!

Something that has started here in our home...since all the flies have decided to make themselves at home in our house...is having one of the pesky things as a pet! Calum is afraid of flies, weird for him, so Jared said that the fly was his friend Roger!! Now at supper when we see a fly Emry says "hey, there's Roger!" And then Jared says in a very disgusted voice that it wasn't Roger! Then Jared will call for Roger and soon enough one of the many flies will land on his shoulder and he says that this fly is in fact Roger! The kids seem to really love this and the angelic sounds of giggles fill our house! I love how Jared takes time to be silly with our kids! Quite often a game of tag breaks out, or ninja moves or even wrestling lessons! Our children adore their daddy, and I must say so do I!!

I love my three little rascals so much and with out them in my life I guarantee my life would be quieter! And maybe at times that would be pure perfection, but I would feel lost without them! I only hope I am being the mother they need and teaching them all they will need to know as they venture into this very unforgiving world! I also hope I am able to instill in them a level of confidence that will help guide them through the temptations that will surely await them! The future does scare me, the unknown terrifies me, but one thing I do know that creates peace in my heart is that as long as I trust in my Heavenly Father to guide and direct us I know the rest is out of my hands! And this one principle I have definitely tried to drill into the minds of these three precious little souls! I couldn't be more grateful to have been given this responsibility of teaching, guiding and most importantly loving these perfect little people, and I will forever be indebted to my Father in Heaven for giving me this opportunity!

2 comments:

  1. You amaze me Amber. Your love for your family is an example to us all. Your talent in writing down your thoughts is enjoyed by so many. Thanks for sharing........was so nice to see you last weekend. Yes, you have cute kids,and hubby.
    Just a proud Aunt Sheila of you all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that about the flies that is hilarious. Jared has always been great with kids. Even when Cora was tiny and he didn't have any of his own yet. You both have been so kind and thoughtful with all your nieces and nephews.

    ReplyDelete