Thursday, September 20, 2012

My Favourite Time of Year

Autumn is my absolute favourite time of year! The cool, crisp mornings! The beautiful sun shinning a radiant orange into our bedroom window every morning! The beautiful colors of the sunset shinning in through our kitchen window as I do dishes! The not too cold, not too hot weather so I can wear sweaters! The many colors of leaves, reds, yellows, oranges, purple! The golden colors of the fields ripened and ready to harvest! The bright lights of the combines, swathers, and grain trucks going back and forth through the fields! I just love autumn!

This year our neighbor planted durum, such a beautiful wheat crop...a bearded wheat with dark brown hair?!  I am not sure what the bearded things on the wheat are called!  But anyway, we had our Ward Harvest Potluck this past Tuesday and Myrna and another lady from our ward were asked to be in charge of it, Myrna also asked me if I could help and I was to be in charge of getting something together for the table centre pieces.  I went out to the durum field and cut a bunch of wheat to plop in vases for the tables.  It looked so beautiful and very fitting for a harvest dinner!  I also cut some for my own house and love walking into my main living space and seeing the stalks of golden wheat glistening in the morning sunlight.  I didn't think I had many Autumn type decorations but I did find some place matts that my Grandma Bev had made and I also put those on my table.  So much fun, I really love having my own home to decorate!



Yesterday I was able to spend the day with a lady from our ward who needed a ride to Calgary to get stitches taken out of her hand.  It was so nice being able to visit with her and get to know her better.  She even had me drive her car, which was a 2011 Dodge Journey, so a pretty nice ride!  I loved the drive up seeing all the trees changing from green to yellow and orange.  We met up with her daughter and had a nice lunch at Denny's and then we made our way home!  I taught my third yoga class of the week when I got back to Vulcan and then met up with Jared and the kids to watch the Senior boys Volleyball game!  It was a nice day, a beautiful fall day!

These past few weeks of September have been busy!  Emry started piano lessons last week with a lady from Vulcan and she really seemed to enjoy it, and her teacher thought she had a lot of talent already...a lot of that thanks to Grandma Puzey for taking the time to get Emry started with learning to play the piano!  I started teaching yoga this past Monday and will continue for the next 10 weeks.  I teach Monday morning in Vulcan, Monday evening in Champion and Wednesday evening in Vulcan.  I was a little apprehensive the week before classes were to start but once I finished my first one Monday morning I remembered how much I love to teach!  The boys are signed up for Day Care Monday mornings while I am teaching and they both seemed to love it, I think it will be good for Calum especially to get out and interact with others before he starts Kindergarten next year!  Jared and I were able to run to Lethbridge last Friday night to get a birthday present for Calum and were lucky to also get his Christmas present!  So now I am getting ready to attend Pincher Creeks Ward Conference on Sunday with Myrna and the rest of the Stake Primary Presidency, I think I forget to mention that I was called into the Stake Primary Presidency as the Secretary with Myrna as the President!  I am excited for something new, and even more excited to work this closely with Myrna, obviously living together for over 4 years didn't ruin our relationship!  Something I am extremely grateful for!  We also have a Puzey family reunion on Saturday, which will be fun to see everyone.  And Sunday after Myrna and I get back from Pincher Creek we are having Calum's 4th Birthday dinner with my sister and her family, and Myrna, Rachel and her family!  What a special boy, I honestly can't believe that he is going to be four, time really does go by too fast!

I was looking through old pictures on our computer and I found these priceless ones from when we lived in Carmangay!









I really loved our first home, a perfect place to start our life together!
I also found this picture of Emry and Grandpa Puzey, they were best pals!  She often got to hang out with Gramps Saturday mornings while Myrna and I were working at Weight Watchers.  I know they developed a super close bond, one that Emry will always hold dear to her heart and not ever forget!

I love how they are sitting in the same way!


2 comments:

  1. Oh how I loved your blog and congrats on the new calling. After we eat on Sat. I am hoping people will gather in a circle around the fire and everyone share news from their family So hope you share your new house and calling news, the cattle and anything else. Had a tear as I went through the pictures, and saw my missed brother. I want to talk about him on Sat. and hope I don't cry like a boob. He always wanted our family to stay close, especially after Dad and Mom left us. I am trying to follow his example planning this. Anxious to see everyone. Love your blog Amber. You are a writer and could write stories and books. YOu have a wonderful talent. See you Saturday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also my favorite time of year. So glad you call it autumn instead of fall. It sounds so much prettier.

    ReplyDelete