Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Cupcakes

My mom had asked if I would make cupcakes for a Christmas Party Potluck they were going to!  Before she could get through asking me I said "YES!" I love making cupcakes!  I really wanted to try some new ones, Eggnog, Chocolate Peppermint, and Ferrero Roacher!  My mom also requested her favourite, Salted Caramel!  They were so good, all of them!  She really only needed four dozen, so there were still lots left over for us to try and even freeze for Christmas!! 


 All together there were about 136 cupcakes, while I was making the four different batches I was sure the amount would be comparable to the final competition round in Cupcake Wars when they have to make 1000 cupcakes!  I wasn't even a quarter of the way there, I honestly don't know if I could handle making 1000 cupcakes at a time!

Chocolate Peppermint, my favourite!
Eggnog, really yummy!
Ferrero Roacher! I just made brownies and baked them in mini muffin tins and then as soon as they came out of the oven I pressed a Ferrero Roacher chocolate into them and then iced them with a caramel icing!  They were super yummy!


I love Christmas, everything about it! I love baking the yummy treats and getting together with friends and family!  Tonight is Emry's school Christmas Concert, tomorrow we are going carolling with friends in Vulcan, Friday is our Ward Christmas Party and I am excited to have my dad and my mom and Mark there with us!  Saturday is Christmas with my mom and Mark, Monday is Christmas Eve and games and fun with Rachel and Jared, and best of all, my dad is spending the night with us!!  And Tuesday is Christmas, our day with all the Puzey's!  I am so excited, and I think my excitement has rubbed off on Emry because she has been busy everyday after school making gifts for everyone she can think of!

2 comments:

  1. I loved the rocher ones but we used the rolos. I have been wanting to try the eggnogg ones. Glad you like them. I think you could make a 1000. you are good at it and may have to when you open your store:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks delicious - hope there are some leftover for Christmas!!

    ReplyDelete