Saturday, December 29, 2012

Annual Year End Cattle Drive

This morning we did our annual cattle drive, moving the cows home from the quarter section in the sand, or three-ish miles south of home!  It was again a lot of fun!  We enlisted the help of three of our neighbours daughters who ride horses and made it so much easier!  My sister Arren and Buck and their kids came out to help, and Dave and Char and their kids were all there to help!  My mom and Mark stayed with Calum and Armin in the house and finished getting my ham chowder ready for lunch!  It went very smoothly, and I thought the hour and a half it took last year was exceptionally smooth, this year it only took us an hour!  Jared and Buck each rode a quad, Dave drove the tractor with a bale on it up ahead to lead the way, the three horses...plus their two Great Pieranese Dogs stayed behind and a little to the side of the herd, Char and all the girls walked and my sister and I drove a truck...someone had to take pictures!  Once home we had a super yummy lunch and visited!  I love having the cows home, and I love it even more now because I can see them whenever I look out the windows!  Jared jokingly said it will make checking them much easier, all he will have to do is look out the window!!  I hope this is a tradition for us at the end of each year!

Buck and Gilbert on a quad
Cora, Leah and Lily 
Char with all the girls!
Lily

Catching Up!
Emry driving a quad with Lily and Leah

Gil and Lily


1 comment:

  1. That picture of Jared on the quad doesn't quite do it justice.:)

    ReplyDelete