Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Trimming the Tree!

Monday night we decorated our tree!! The kids had so much fun! Each one got in on the fun, Armin would put a decoration on the tree and then stand back and giggle with pure delight at what he accomplished! Calum loved putting the same color of decoration's on the same branch, and Emry loved using the ladder to put the decorations on the higher branches! I love our children so much!!

Jared and I didn't really agree on where to put our tree! His heart was set on putting it right in the middle of our dinning and living room, so the top of the tree would be centered under the highest point of our house! I voiced my objection to this spot saying that if anyone was sitting in the living room while I was in the kitchen I would not be able to see them or be in on the conversation, I must have been very reasonable with my argument because as Jared was setting up the tree he put it where I had suggested without a single word or even a single complaint!

My choice was to put it on front of the middle window on the east side of our house so the top of the tree would be visible through our dormer window! I had to leave and teach yoga before Jared was able to get the lights on the tree, but as I was driving home I could clearly see the star on top of the tree all lit up through the dormer window and it was beautiful!!!

We also set up a little 4 foot artificial tree in the basement, Jared had it on his mission! We didn't get it decorated that night though because it was bedtime! After the kids were all in bed I mopped our floors and happened to mop myself into the basement, so while the floors dried I decorated the little tree so I could put all the Christmas stuff away! In the morning I showed the kids that the tree was decorated while we were sleeping! I have them convinced that one of Santa's Elves must have done it to help us out! They thought that was so cool!! I love keeping the spirit of Christmas alive, I love seeing the wonder in their eyes and the joy on their adorable little faces!

Yesterday I was able to go to The Nutcracker with Emry and the rest of the Champion School and it was really good! I had never been to a ballet before and I really enjoyed it, Emry too really liked it! I was able to sit with her on the bus and spend some much needed quality girl time with her!

3 comments:

  1. Looks good. I like that you needed a ladder to decorate it:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved coming down the road tonight from Lethbridge and seeing your very festive house. I love the tree in the window with the star high up in your window and the outside lights look great. Love Mom

    ReplyDelete