Saturday, March 30, 2013

What a Day

The pharmacy where I work was closed on Good Friday, but was opened the next day...Saturday! My "boss" has a son who plays hockey for the Seattle Thunderbirds and they managed to make it to the playoffs! Their team was considered the underdogs but they beat Kelowna ( the top rated WHL team) three out of four games!! During overtime in the third game Evan, my bosses son, scored the winning goal, so he is really quite good!

Anyway, the Thunderbirds were playing in Kelowna tonight and my boss desperately wanted to go so I offered to work for her! Though little did I know that Jared had planned to take me shopping to make up for my lack of birthday present!! My boss said I would only have to work until three because Saturdays are generally very slow!! So not the case with this particular Saturday!! I think because we were closed for Good Friday lots of people realized they were in need of medicine and couldn't refill since we were closed! It was pretty insane today but together the Pharmacist and I managed to keep everything running smoothly, but I ended up staying till the bitter end!! Thankfully we decided to go to the city yesterday to do some much needed grocery shopping and even fit in a little retail therapy!!

Jared spent the day with the boys and although he didn't get a lot done they had fun and managed to take a load to the dump!! Emry stayed over at Lily's and had a great time!! So despite having to work the Saturday of Easter weekend, I think it was a good weekend none the less!!

1 comment:

  1. Happy to hear you are enjoying your job. Have a very Happy Easter! Love ya, Lalainia

    ReplyDelete