Monday, July 15, 2013

Birthdays

This month there is a menagerie of birthdays in our family!! The month starts with Jonas, then my little sister, my mom, Lily, and then my Dad!! The boys already celebrated with Jonas thanks to Lalainia for taking them down with her!! And today we celebrated Arren's, my moms and Lily's!! We had a nice supper at our house! Jared barbecued super yummy steaks supplied by Z62 and Junior! Arren brought a salad, with the lettuce from her garden! My mom brought everyone's all time favorite jello pretzel salad!! I made roasted potatoes again. And, yes, I made cupcakes too!! I had some raspberries and limes and I thought they would pair nicely together!! I was not alone in this thought as I googled that combination and I found a recipe or two that I could handle!! The one I chose was pretty simple but time consuming, but the results were a taste of heaven!! It was a basic white cupcake with lime zest and lime juice added in. It was then filled with a raspberry curd. The icing was whipped cream with some of the curd and icing sugar mixed in!! Very yummy! I also made some without the curd inside and a plain vanilla buttercream so as to appeal to the kidlets!! I even decorated them like frogs for Lily!!

It was a fun evening!! I love spending time with family, laughing and visiting! The kids had a hoot with some gigantic balloons that mom and Mark brought over and filled up! They also had fun jumping on the trampoline with the sprinkler underneath! Armin fell off twice and finally Arren decided her heart couldn't take it anymore do she brought him in. He cried harder when he realized what she was doing than when he actually fell off and into some prickles!!

A truly great day!!

















1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had a fun day! Those balloons are gigantic!

    ReplyDelete