Monday, July 22, 2013

To Always Remember

There has been lots of memories made these past few weeks. One Friday, after a long day at work and an even longer day at daycare for the kids, I was tidying up the house while Emry helped me and the boys watched a show! Before long I realized it was well after nine so I went downstairs to get the boys ready for bed. It was much too quiet and I soon found out why...Calum and Armin were both fast asleep and leaning on each other! It truly was heart melting!

Almost two weeks ago Jared and I started cutting the alfalfa to let it dry so we could bale it. I got to spend a day on the tractor by myself cutting and I so enjoyed being in the beauty of nature, I was able to see some hawks and rabbits and many many birds!! My hay fever really was acting up, I'm sure I broke a record for how many times in a row I sneezed, my abs hurt and my throat was raw by the time I finally decided I needed to go home and take an allergy pill. But despite all that I really enjoyed being out there!

The next week I was able to rake, though not quite as enjoyable as cutting!! A lot less comfortable!! The old Massey Ferguson tractor I drove while raking has no cab and one rear tire is slightly bigger than the other so to begin with it was a little off kilter, and soooooo bumpy!! My insides hurt the next day!! But despite all the bumps I still enjoyed it, I love helping Jared on the farm!

Last week Jared, the kids and I drove down to the field with Dave to bring home the truck and tractor that we had left there. Dave drove the tractor home, Jared the truck and I drove Dave's car home. Once home I left his keys in the ignition. The next morning we got a phone call at five in the morning saying Dave couldn't find his car keys. The only thought I had was maybe they fell on the floor when he got in because I pulled them out of the ignition just a little so the door wouldn't beep when it was opened. 10 minutes later I saw Dave drive away in his car so I knew he found them! I later texted Myrna to find out where he found them and she said she found them in some tall grass just beside his car. I read what she wrote out loud to Jared and out of nowhere Calum says, "that's weird, how'd they get there?" Well, I think we found the culprit!! The keys will be coming into the house from now on!

Armin has always called Calum bubba I think because he can't say Calum! I think it's adorable and I hope it sticks!! Armin also can't say his own name so he calls himself Buzz!! Last night when I was washing his face I always tease the boys and say, oh hi Frank it's nice to see you, and as I continue washing I'll say, George when did you get here? And finally when they are clean I'll say, oh it's Armin!! Well while I was washing Armin and I went through the ritual before I could say his name he said it, "me ahhmin"!!!! And quickly after he said and buzz!!

I love how Calum plays the DS in a variety of unusual positions!! Sometimes he will set it flat on the table and just use his fingers, no thumbs, maybe that's the primate coming out of him!!

I love how Jared can't relax on the floor without the kids piling on top of him!!

I love how Emry absolutely loves cats, kittens especially, and when we have some on the farm she just can't leave them alone!! We actually let her name them this time, and this is what she came up with, Lightning, Marshmallow, and Meow Meow!!

And I love how much Emry loves to color and write notes! She is always leaving notes and pictures around for us!! She also colors pictures on my phone and saves it into my pictures!! I love coming across her pictures!!

I love my family so much! I love how helpful Emry is with the boys and how well the boys like to play and use their imaginations!! I love how Emry LOVES to read, just like me!! I love living on the farm and I LOVE the beautiful house Jared built for us! I love how Jared is a hard worker yet still finds time to run around and play tag with us, or wrestle with Calum, or give piggy rides, or read stories to Armin in an array of different voices! I love how our kids usually want to go out and help daddy or always beg for hugs and kisses when he has to go to work!! I am so thankful for all I have and truly I couldn't ask for anything more! Without all the wonderful people in my life helping us and supporting us I wouldn't be able to be where I am or even who I am!! Thank you so much everyone who has had a hand in shaping me to be the person I am!































2 comments:

  1. Love your blog Amber. Love the way you love your family and obviously how they love you back. That old tractor brings back lots of memories of My dad on it, and my brother. You do live in a beautiful place. I loved the farm and miss it. So many happy memories from the farm.
    AUnt Sheila

    ReplyDelete