Sunday, February 1, 2015

Happy 40th

On Thursday I was able to go to Calgary with my sister to help surprise my older sister for her 40th birthday, which is actually today!!




My mom and aunts had gone earlier in the day to decorate her house and make dinner! Arren and I got to her place just after 5:30pm and we all waited rather patiently for her to arrive home from work!! Just after 6 she called the house and her daughter Maryssa answered...Avi was asking if grandma came and Maryssa said yes so Avi said she was going to the mall, Maryssa pleaded and pleaded with her to just come home. After a few minutes of back and forth banter Maryssa finally hung up the phone hoping her mom would get the hint that she really needed to come home!!! Avi was very suspicious and so instead of parking in her usual spot out front of her house she parked around the corner and went in through the back. Mom had put sheets over the windows but Avi could hear lots of voices inside, she even knocked on the patio doors for at least 5 minutes but no one heard!!! She finally made her way around to the front which we noticed so we all hid in the kitchen!! Once she was in the house we all yelled surprise!!!!! She wasn't surprised by the fact we were trying to surprise her but she was surprised at who was all there to help her celebrate such a milestone!!!!




We had fun with stick on moustaches!!!!




We had delicious meatloaf and rice, veggies, pretzel jello salad, cake, and I brought chocolate chip cookie dough cupcakes!!! We visited and laughed, Avi opened presents and cried after opening Maryssa's!!!! This is a side of my sister I have very rarely seen!!! I was so happy I could be apart of her celebrating. Over the years we have developed a closer more friend like relationship and I am so happy now to be able to call her my sister!!! She has two amazing, caring kids and she does everything she can for them!! Happy birthday Avi!!!!!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment