Tuesday, February 10, 2015

The Pharmacy

Just a month short of two years I have worked at our local pharmacy as an assistant!! I LOVED the work...I learned so much and was really quite good at what I did!!! But it was time to let the job go :( I had whittled my hours down to only one day a week, but then Saturdays came up and covering shifts when the other assistants went away on holidays. I have really noticed a difference in our kids not having me around more! 

Since I also work two days a week at their school I am away from home more than I am home!! And because of this our house is suffering, good nutritional meals are suffering and most importantly our children are suffering!! So Jared and I came to the conclusion that it would help immensely if I were home!!! 

Emry and I write back and forth in a mom & me journal she made at an Activity Days activity, and in the most recent entry she said she wished she could spend more time with me :( with two very busy, very demanding boys it is sometimes hard to find those moments alone!! But tomorrow Emry has an orthodontist appointment and just her and I are going! 

Life passes by much too quick, I blinked and now Emry is almost as tall as me!! There is so much more important things to do than work all the time!! I am excited for an extra day at home where I can put my homemaking skills to good use! I can spend more time with Armin before he goes to school full time!! Life is already hard, why should I add more to it than absolutely necessary...and believe me the absolutely necessary stuff was totally being over looked :( now it's time to get back on track!! Good bye pharmacy, I really did enjoy working there, thanks for all you taught me!!! 

3 comments:

  1. That is neat you still use your mom and daughter journal. We lasted about 6 months. Not even sure where it is. That will be nice for you to spend more time with your kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Am the most important job now is your family! After their all grown there will be plenty of time for work outside your home. On a side note the couple of times I stopped by the pharmacies I was impressed by how Profesional you performed Great Job!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You made the right choice Amber. Children grow up way too fast, and you will enjoy your time right now with them the most. Enjoy every minute, cause soon they will be grown up and gone.

    ReplyDelete