Friday, February 20, 2015

Thirteen Years

Its funny, but I hate the number 13, always have...the funny thing though whenever I like something on Facebook it always seems to be the 13th like!!! Maybe I should start liking the number 13 and things might just turn lucky for me!!!

Anyway, this month marked our 13th Anniversary! Honestly, it has been thirteen years of struggling, growing, and learning...but it has been thirteen years of doing this together....something I am extremely grateful for!  Jared truly is my best friend, and like all friends we can get annoyed or offended but like all good and true friends things always work out and stronger bonds are formed!


Because our anniversary is only 2 days after Valentine's Day we always forgo the Valentine celebrations and stick to going out for our anniversary!  However, on Valentine's Day Jared was out early doing cattle stuff and when he came in he brought in a lovely bouquet of red roses for Emry and I!  9 for me and 3 for Emry, one from each of the boys in her life!!  I surprised Jared with new speakers for our television in the basement!! I do have to admit that watching t.v. without them just doesn't do justice!!!  They are pretty cool!!!

Monday was Family Day and our Anniversary!  We had planned on going out for dinner and maybe a movie if there was one playing we wanted to see!  We did go to a movie, "American Sniper" which was really good...they didn't glorify at all what he had to do but told his story and how what he did affected him and his family!!  Really, really good!!  After the movie we went for a late supper to Earl's and had a terrific meal!  Our waiter asked if we had other plans for the evening and we told him it was our anniversary, he was so happy for us and even more excited when we told him how many years!!!  It was cute to have a big deal made!!!  Jared surprised me and gave me a beautiful rose gold and mother of pearl butterfly necklace!!  So very thoughtful and totally unexpected!!!  I sure love that guy!!


I look forward to the many years ahead and all we will face...together!!!!!

3 comments:

  1. Sounds likd a nice day. Beautiful necklace.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you guys have a special date! Love the necklace - really pretty!

    ReplyDelete