Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas 2011

What a wonderful Christmas this has been!  We were so lucky on Christmas Day to be able to go to church in the morning and then have a super yummy Christmas dinner with all my family!  The celebration started the night before, Christmas Eve, when we went to the Candlelight Christmas Eve service at the Congregational Church.  My mom, dad and sister's family were all there and to hear the traditional carols and the words from the scriptures of the birth of our Savior truly set the true spirit of Christmas in my heart!

After the service we took the kids home and set some cookies and milk out for Santa, we then opened our traditional Christmas Eve present...pj's!  Calum was thoroughly disappointed with his jammies, he said, "I don't want these, I want a racetrack!"  Once he got them on and felt how comfy cozy they were he was fine!  We got the kids to bed at a decent time for Christmas Eve and then Jared and I set to work getting "things" ready!  In the midst of some last minute wrapping we remembered our stockings, we had forgotten to set them out, so we went up to Emry's room and thankfully she was still awake, we had her come down and set out everyone's stockings!






The next morning I am pretty sure Jared and I were awake well before the kids but we layed in bed just thankful for all the wonderful little blessings we have in life!  Jared soon got up and started our traditional Christmas morning fire in the fireplace, while I went upstairs and put some cinnamon rolls in the oven!  While I was getting that ready, Emry snuck into the kitchen and say down on the floor watching me.  The next thing I heard was Calum bounding down the stairs looking for Emry.  When he found her he came right up to her and grabbed her hands and with the biggest smile his little face could hold he said, "Emry, Santa came to our house!"  They ran down the stairs and the excitement began!  We opened our stockings first and the kids loved everything Santa had put in there!  Calum even got a big thing of chocolate syrup for his chocolate milk!!  Next they dug into the rest of the presents from each other and from us!  Last was the Santa gifts!  Calum got his much anticipated Lightening McQueen Racetrack and Emry got a guitar!  It was so much fun seeing the pure delight on their faces!  They are such special little children and I am so truly grateful for them!  Jared gave me some CD's, all country, who am I turning into?!  But I really do love them, he also gave me a pair of super cozy slippers!




After presents we had warm cinnamon buns and then slowly got ready for church!  For some reason I loved that Christmas Day fell on Sunday this year, it just felt so special!  After church we came home to change and get things gathered up to take to Arren's!  Because there was going to be so many of us for dinner, Arren's in-laws had everyone to their house for dinner!  It was so much fun, lots of laughs and visiting!  We even played a game, Guessture's!  And it was a lot of fun, I really like being around John and Roxanne, they are very special people!  The food was so yummy and everyone pitched in to make it truly amazing!  It was the first Christmas that we have spent with my dad in a very long time!  I think it has been 15 years since my dad was home for Christmas!  My Grandma Bev was also able to be with us, as well as my mom and Jared's mom!  It truly was terrific!  I even got a new vacuum from my mom and dad, and I absolutely love it, the suction it has is unbelievable, I love cleaning more now than I have for a long time!  My mom gave me a really cool ring, it is a Baltic Amber stone with the face of a woman hand carved into it!



The next day, Boxing Day, brought all the Puzey side home!  Again, a very wonderful day!  The kids had so much fun together as they usually do.  The food was exceptional and we had lots of laughs too!  We played another game, which makes my day!  The weather was beautiful for travelling, and even though it was a brown Christmas, it was still Christmas none the less!  A truly magical time of year!  I am so thankful for family and for the time we can spend together.  I am thankful for my Savior and I delight in His life and the legacy He has left for us.  I want to be the best I can be and do for others what our Savior would do for them!










What a boy!



No comments:

Post a Comment