Thursday, December 22, 2011

Christmas, Christmas, Christmas!!

Monday night we were invited to go Carolling around Vulcan!  We have done this since Emry was seven months old, only missing last year!  We had so much fun and it was actually a rather warm night!  The family that has always invited us is the Menin's and after carolling we go back to their house where we are spoiled with lots of yummy home made treats!  My favourite is Quinselle's Wassail drink, I think I had three maybe four cups of it!  Calum was mesmerized by all the Christmas lights and decorations, he loved looking for the next house all decorated up!  He was also quite fascinated with the power lines, and for some reason thought they were strings, I don't know if he thought they were Christmas string decoration's or what, but he so badly wanted us to see all the strings!  He at one point was sitting with some of the older girls and all of a sudden he hits himself on the head and whines, "Santa not bring me any presents!"  They got such a kick out of this, we think he thinks Santa has already come at Armin's birthday, or he is really listening when we tell him if he isn't a good boy Santa won't bring him any presents!  This year Emry sat with the older Young Women girls at the back of the trailer and had so much fun swinging her legs off the edge!  Back at the house we had a good time visiting and eating, I always like doing this with good friends, I feel we really develop a close bond when we share in the holiday magic!


Armin seemed to really like carolling too, he would bounce up and down to the music!


Armin totally looks like baby "Jack Jack" from The Incredible's, good thing Santa got him that movie for Christmas!

Last night was Emry's Christmas concert, it was really cute.  Emry's Grade 1/2 class sang a song called "The Reindeer Polkie"!  The Junior High band played and did really well.  I really admire the Champion School and how devoted the teachers are to their students!  The staff even sang a song at the end, and everyone was involved in some way whether playing instruments or singing or dressing up as Santa!  The school has such a strong connection with each other and I really feel like Emry can strive there!

Tonight is our annual Ward Christmas Party.  The Primary is in charge of organizing it this year, and I think it will be really fun!  I have two roasts in the oven as I write this, hopefully they turn out to be super delicious, it never fails when you have to make something for a gazillion people something always seems to go wrong...fingers are crossed!  Emry gets to be Mary when the Primary kids put on the Nativity, it was a last minute change, but I think she is quite excited!  Calum gets to do Once There Was a Snowman for the last time since he will be going into Sunbeams in January!  At least Armin will be up there next year to steal the show!  I can't believe there are only 3 more sleeps until Christmas morning!  I am all ready, wrapping is done, baking is done now it is time to take it all in!

1 comment:

  1. We used to go caroling every year with the youth also. This year now that Cora is official one of them they didn't go and she has been bugging us about every day. I don't know if I got your roast or not but it was all super yummy. See you soon.

    ReplyDelete