Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Heat Wave...Plus 29!

Rachel invited us to go to Little Bow with her and Myrna today, and because of this wicked heat wave we are in, I readily agreed to go!  It was a lot of fun, the kids had a blast swimming and playing in the sand.  I decided to bring Gilbert and Lily too, since it was my little sister's 29th birthday and I thought it would be a good present for her...I didn't offer so she could hay though...the joys of getting older, time really doesn't stop for us!






Emry was a sand monster! 


Calum wanted to be a sand monster too!
I think these two will be best pals!
We got lots of sun and once the grown ups had enough we lured the kids away from the beach by getting them each an ice cream cone!  They did have a blast and as predicted Armin fell fast asleep shortly after we turned out of the park.  Once at home I had to ice my cupcakes to take over to Buck and Arren's where we were all meeting for supper!  My mom made spaghetti and perogies and brought them over and we all ate outside under John and Roxanne's beautiful pergola!  It was a great night, and I think Arren had a great 29th birthday despite the fact she was raking all day!

The birthday girl...29 years OLD!



 Armin brought his little chair over to sit beside me and when Lily came over to where we were sitting he got up and got her a chair and put it right beside his!  What a little gentleman!


Mom, Mark and Emry
Calum was hooking Papa John up because he was a bad guy!

I tried some new cupcakes and they turned out to be a huge hit!  I made Peach Cupcakes with a Peach Cream Cheese Frosting...so yummy!  I really love making cupcakes, I find it so rewarding, especially when Lily asked me if I could bring these same cupcakes on Sunday for her birthday and my mom asked if I would bring the Salty Caramel Cupcakes I made for Emry's birthday on Sunday too!  We are having a BBQ at Arren's on Sunday to celebrate my mom's birthday, Lily's birthday and my dad's birthday!  Nothing is more rewarding than when I am asked to bring a repeat cupcake!  I was thrilled!


1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you try thing from Pinterest. I wanted to try these also but it is good to get a good recommendation first. It really has been hot. Hope your house isn't to bad. Mine was 41 on Sunday night:)

    ReplyDelete