Friday, July 13, 2012

No Dull Moments!

We have had quite the week, especially with the heat!  I hate to say this, but I am not a heat person, in fact I hate it, I seem to be extra grumpy when the temperature rises above twenty five degrees celsius.  I feel sorry for my kids because they get the brunt of my grouchiness.  It also doesn't help that I am practically an invalid with my not so minor surgery!  I keep forgetting I can't pick Armin up until I am in the middle of picking him up.  I feel completely healed expect for the nasty oozing incision dropping down from my belly button, although it looks as it should through this healing process.  However, with this unwanted misery does come a silver lining...I have wonderful friends who have insisted on making a few meals for us this week, all meals that do not require us to turn on an oven, we have had pulled pork sandwiches, pizza from the local joint in Vulcan and tonight a summer themed cold dish!  I am so thankful for the church I belong to, for the way we all seem to stick together and help each other out.  I insisted that I was totally fine to make meals for my family but I was told it was the least they could do to help me out!  It has been greatly appreciated and will always be remembered!

With this down time Jared has been in the house a little more than usual after work helping me get the kids to bed, and when he hasn't been able to be in Emry has done an exceptional job getting the boys in the bath, jammies on and Armin into his bed!  I am extremely blessed to have the family I have, and I can't express my thanks enough for all they do for me!

So the things that have been happening that have made life not so dull this last week have been too funny to say the least!  Last Saturday on our way home from little Jonas' first birthday party we stopped at Dairy Queen to get an ice cream cone.  As tradition would have it Calum started to doze off right in the midst of eating his cone!  As the cruel parents we are, Jared and I  would remind Calum of his cone when we would see him start to nod off!  I video taped him for over seven minutes, he even took the wrapper off the cone and probably ate over half of the cone while pretty much asleep.  I finally asked him if he was done, and he very sleepily handed me his cone, not even half a second later his head turned to the side and he was down for the count!

The next not so dull moment happened at supper the other night!  Tanya had brought supper out for us complete with a package of orange kool-aid!  While Emry was pouring herself some she spilled, we of course were a little annoyed at her lack of skill but she took charge and quickly cleaned it up.  Next Calum spilled his juice, again we were annoyed because of the sticky mess we were going to have on the floor, but again it was cleaned up and dinner continued on as usual.  Well, not 5 minutes later Emry spilled her juice again, thankfully it all ran into the middle of the table with no mess on the floor.  Well, poor Jared had about enough and asked Emry if she was two, because apparently only two year olds spill there juice!  As Emry was going to get more paper towel Jared happened to bump his glass of orange kool-aid and it too spilled all over the table!  All we could do by this time was laugh!  We couldn't stop laughing in fact, and dinner turned out to the highlight of our day despite the mess!

Last night we all drove up to Okotoks to get the boys their passport photos since Calum's had expired earlier this year and Armin didn't have one.  We have planned a little get-a-way to Kallispell at the end of July and had just enough time to get them before we go.  Well, on our way Armin decided to make this aaaahhhhh sound, quite loud and quite piercing!  Well, Emry thought it was cool and decided to join in, next thing we knew Calum was also making the aaaaahhhhing sound!  It was incredibly loud, but again all Jared and I could do was laugh since talking to each other was next to impossible.  Calum decided he wanted us to join in too, so there we all were stuffed in our little jetta making an aaaahhhhing sound in unison!  It at least made for a memorable ride!  Once at the passport photo place Calum was so over excited that it was really hard for him not to smile, he succeeded but not without looking slightly devilish!  Armin on the other hand was a totally different story, really though how do you make a one and a half year old not smile for a camera!  He was sitting so cute on the stool, with two blocks underneath him to make him taller!  His arms were casually hanging by his sides and his legs dangling below!  Jared would show him how to hold his lips and even help him out by forcing his little lips together, Armin would do it only not while he was looking at the camera!  After a good fifteen minutes they finally quit and the photographer looked at the pictures to see if any of them would work! Thankfully there was one!

We have had quite the fun this past week, without spending any money or having to go anywhere!  I love my little family and despite this little hiccup of not being able to "do" anything, I am so extremely thankful for what I have in my life and for the wonderful people who surround me!

2 comments:

  1. That's hilarious that Jared spilled his juice! Love it! I can just see Armin grinning from ear to ear when you are trying to get a picture of him not smiling - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it is crazy that they don't let you smile. Sounds like lots of fun at your house.

    ReplyDelete