Thursday, July 5, 2012

Oweee, but Still Extremely Grateful!

A couple of days ago I had to have minor surgery to have a lost I.U.D removed!  After I had Calum I had decided to use the I.U.D as a form of birth control because of my blood clotting disorder.  It seemed to be a great alternative until we found out just over a year later that little Armin would be joining our family!  Apparently an I.U.D. is only a good option if it actually works!  But really, I am not going to complain because I wouldn't give up having Armin in our family for anything!  The morning after I had Armin I had an X-ray done to see where this little device had gone, hoping that it just totally left my body!  Unfortunately it didn't and it was decided that it should be removed so as to not cause problems later on.  Well, six weeks after Armin was born I had a pulmonary embolism and the I.U.D. was totally forgotten about, until this past March.  My surgery was scheduled and I was told that it was going to be a very minor surgery, it would only take about 20-25minutes to find and remove!  As the day came I was getting a little more anxious but in the back of my mind I was actually looking forward to staying the night in the hospital with nothing to do but finish reading the second book in the Hunger Games!  Which I did and loved it!  But the surgery was a little more invasive than originally thought and it took over an hour to find the teeny tiny device and remove it!  Dr. Davey ended up having to go through my belly button to get it out, he finally found it lodged in the fatty tissue just off my stomach and when he did see it only a very small fraction of it was exposed!  Thankfully it hadn't made it's way into my bowels, a much more complicated surgery would have had to be done!  If it wasn't for the belly button incision I think I would be feeling completely fine, but it feels as though my tummy has been ripped open from all angles!  Which I guess in fact it has!

There are four incisions in total, one on each side of my tummy, one near my groin and then the belly button one!
I really hope my belly button returns to normal!  I always liked my belly button!
I couldn't be more grateful than I am for family though!  I know without the wonderful love and support from my wonderful mother-in-law I wouldn't be able to recover in the way that I am supposed to!  She has had the kids with her since Monday night, except for during the day yesterday when my wonderful sister took care of them, and tomorrow my mom will have them!  It was really hard coming home and seeing the kids last night, I desperately wanted to pick little Armin up!  Jared had told Emry and Calum to be very gentle with me and they were both so sweet giving me gentle little hugs!  I showed them my stitches and Calum was a little disgusted!  A little while later as he was trying so hard to keep from crying he asked when I could have those little strings out of my tummy.  He is so tender hearted, and was really concerned about me!  I love our kids so much and I  am so thankful for the opportunity I have been given to take care of them!  I am extremely thankful for Jared and for the wonderful, loving and supportive husband that he is to me!  And I am also extremely grateful for a mother in law who loves and supports me as well as our children as though they are her own, and without any hesitation takes care of them at a moments notice!  Without family I truly would be lost, I am so thankful I live close to my mom, my sister and a mother in law and who all pitch in when needed!  I hope they all know how grateful I am for each one of them and that in a heart beat I would return the favour if ever the need may arise!

3 comments:

  1. I have those exact scars from my last surgery. They are way better than the full opening they had to do a couple years ago. I understand your pain. Don't sneeze:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been trying super hard not to sneeze and with my hay fever it has been nearly impossible...thankfully I haven't yet but there have been a few very close calls!

      Delete
  2. Ouch! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete