Sunday, July 22, 2012

Summer "Fun"due!

While Charles and Kirstine are visiting my sister and brother-in-law all the way from Scotland and Emry and their daughter Emma became fast friends we decided to have them all over for dinner!  I wanted to do something fun as well as something that wouldn't heat up the house too much with all the added bodies...I thoght about it for quite awhile and finally in the wee hours of the morning while trying to get Armin back to sleep an idea came to me...Fondue!  We had fondue one New Year's Eve with Buck and Arren and it was lots of fun, I remember saying that night that we should do this sometime in the summer when there is more variety of fruit available and much more affordable!  So yesterday we did just that!  It was fun getting together and visiting, learning more and more about Scotland while developing a bond of friendship that will hopefully last a lifetime!

Cheese Fondue
Mark, my Mom, Buck and Arren
Arren, Charles and Kirstine 
Chocolate Fondue
Emry was so excited to show Emma her room and even made a safety pin friendship bracelet for her, when she gave it to Emma she gave Emry a huge hug in return!  I love the way they talk and the words they use...Armin was sitting in his highchair next to Emma at dinner and started to complain, Emma came up to me and said she thought he would like some crisps because he was pointing at her plate and whining!  It took me a minute to come up with what she wanted and then it dawned on me...chips!  Charles usually says the Scottish word and then the English so we know, but nine times out of ten we know what he is talking about!  Like when he says bonnet, he means hood of the car, or boot...trunk of the car.  Emry says she wishes she talked like Emma, and I told her that I bet Emma wishes she talked like her!  I am glad Emry has a friend from a different country and I hope they will always remain close!  It was a really fun evening and I am thankful we have the opportunity to spend as much time with them as we have!

Emma and Emry

2 comments:

  1. That would be cool for Emry to have a penpal in a different country. The fondue looks awesome. Good play on words:)

    ReplyDelete